Sambar deer progressive painting

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've started work on this painting of a Sambar deer head and thought i'd do another progressive posts thread like i did with the Wedgetail eagle. This one is in watercolours though, not pen and ink like the eagle. Hope it works out and you enjoy the progressive posts through to completion.
1462681900_img_4528.jpg

Jeez,
I'd hate to be butted by one of those beasties. Great artwork Scrounger, and that's from an Engineer (sorry not a great commendation as there's not a single gm of artistic talent within 100m of me).

Made for listening BW. They have incredible hearing. Magnificent beasts and some are bloody huge, you wouldn't want to hit one with your car.
Had to stop painting as the light is too crap to continue, will post more pics tomorrow.

Dig'n-it said:
Scrounger
Amazing work, again. I've said it before and I'll say it again, you are extremely talented.
Cant wait to see the eyes. If you painted them red he'd look rather evil.
Thanks fellas, the Sambar has to be life like Dignit, so no red eyes unfortunately. But here is an almost completed 'cartoon' i'm doing of a wild boar with slightly red eyes
1462750456_img_4525.jpg

SCROUNGER said:
Dig'n-it said:
Scrounger
Amazing work, again. I've said it before and I'll say it again, you are extremely talented.
Thanks fellas, the Sambar has to be life like Dignit, so no red eyes unfortunately. But here is an almost completed 'cartoon' i'm doing of a wild boar with slightly red eyeshttps://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/4820/1462750456_img_4525.jpg

That reminds me of my mother inlaw SCROUNGER :eek:

stoyve said:
SCROUNGER said:
Dig'n-it said:
Scrounger
Thanks fellas, the Sambar has to be life like Dignit, so no red eyes unfortunately. But here is an almost completed 'cartoon' i'm doing of a wild boar with slightly red eyeshttps://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/4820/1462750456_img_4525.jpg

That reminds me of my mother inlaw SCROUNGER :eek:
Obviously your wife doesn't read your posts Steve :lol: :lol: :lol: Thank god they don't either, i know i'd be in trouble big time :lol:

Latest posts