Caught the gold fever! Glad to be on board!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Howdy! I'm 24 and currently residing in the Kilsyth/Mooroolbark/Montrose area of Victoria, never actually been prospecting/gold hunting before, but I'm extremely keen and I guess I'm here to try and figure out where to start, what equipment I need, handy tips and tricks and any other useful info that may be useful to an absolute beginner. And you probably guessed, watching Outback Gold Hunters is what gave me the fever initially, more specifically the blokes at German Gully.

Now I'm watching the new series of Parkers Trail where he's in Australia and it's bloody great so far.

I've already been mucking around on the GeoVic Earth Resources site (won't let me post links yet) and found some workings/leads on Crown Land near Blackwood and Barrys Reef that I'd be keen on checking out. What's the best way of knowing if I need permits to access particular Crown Land areas? If it's in the grey is it generally A-OK?

I know I have a lot to learn, I don't want to jump the gun on anything so I'm going to take my time and soak up as much info as possible so I don't make too many rookie mistakes.

Looking forward to some great times on here! Cheers all! :perfect: :Y: :goldnugget:

Latest posts