Rushworth / Whroo area

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jaros said:
You know , when i see a rustic fire place it makes me want to go bush . Everything cooked on an open fire tastes so bluddy beautiful. :p

I think it's that holistic(I mean everything) experience that takes in everything associated with the moment,... including hunger and taste as well Jaros.

Goldtarget said:
No worries 20x. Few good gullies and flats to try out around the place hey?

yeah but im not doing 6g...no plan of attack at all either...last time I went for a random drive looking for new ground paid off so as said above the place is huge, so im probly ganna just drive until im busting for a pi## and where that is is where I begin. :lol:.

have you decided on a detector yet?

Haha I'm like a woman in a dress shop, so basically no.
I'm in the doghouse atm and work is unrelenting couldn't get out if I had one. Shoot me a text or pm when you're in the area I've moved but not far away :D

Zuke_Lynzy said:
Prospector Pete and I had a bit of a clean up out rushworth/whroo way and fixed up two old Fire places one with some concrete and a grate the other with a plow disk for a hot plate' then cooked up some tucker, if your lucky enough to find them at lunch time Enjoy'

thanks Pete for the hand and the beers!

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/1377/1430557799_image.jpg

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/1377/1430557822_image.jpg
They came up a treat Luke and you cook a mean lunch with just a pocket knife.
Thanks again for another great day out mate.

Goldtarget said:
Haha I'm like a woman in a dress shop, so basically no.
I'm in the doghouse atm and work is unrelenting couldn't get out if I had one. Shoot me a text or pm when you're in the area I've moved but not far away :D

lol

but...

there are only 3 dresses to chose from!!!!

3 months of nothing but big days workin and savin coin...4k on detector and 4k to live on for a few weeks constant swingin!!!

bring it on!!!

should be there on the weekend and will text ya then :cool:

A good indicator for gold in the whroo area is to look for big stands of grass trees and then work down slope from them. I have an old mate who got a lot of gold out of the area over the years. he showed me a few spots that had produced multiple nuggets and I noticed that the grass trees were not far away in most cases. Grass trees are like the wild cherry & seem to like the poorer granitic gravels (IE intrusions).

Grass trees as in kangaroo tail Jethro?
20x I'm thinking sdc but there's some bargain sd/gp combos out there at very reasonable coin. What can I say I'm a fickle broad and want all 3 types in my size!

grass trees as in these
1430571341_blkboy1.jpg

Goldtarget said:
Grass trees as in kangaroo tail Jethro?
20x I'm thinking sdc but there's some bargain sd/gp combos out there at very reasonable coin. What can I say I'm a fickle broad and want all 3 types in my size!
get the best,maximise possibility and performance . buy/invest in an sdc and miss nothing down to its depth while you save the next 7k for a Z.
ive only done 2 full days testing mine on shallow ground at glendon...awesome tehnology...im amazed how tiny some of the targets were...its just awesome to own one! :cool:

Thanx mbasko, wasn't sure how to get it to show up like that in my post..... Rushworth/Whroo is a nice area but the gold is deep! I do my bit for the environment while I'm there.....lead, shells, foil, cans etc........... :)

ched66 said:
Thanx mbasko, wasn't sure how to get it to show up like that in my post..... Rushworth/Whroo is a nice area but the gold is deep! I do my bit for the environment while I'm there.....lead, shells, foil, cans etc........... :)

no go for an sdc ya reckon ey? :/

20xwater said:
ched66 said:

For around 4k i would buy a gpx 5000 and
Use either 14" or 16" NF coil. You sweep
More ground and get the deeper nuggets
If its there :D :D

You just gotta walk over it with a good technique lads!

Its easy to get caught up in this machine, that machine.....this coil, that coil.

If the budget allows get a 7k, they are as good as an sdc on the smalls, and better than a 5k on the deeps!

Better than both in the hot ground where you need to be.

[ducking for cover now]

;)

Metamorphic said:
You just gotta walk over it with a good technique lads!

Its easy to get caught up in this machine, that machine.....this coil, that coil.

If the budget allows get a 7k, they are as good as an sdc on the smalls, and better than a 5k on the deeps!

Better than both in the hot ground where you need to be.

[ducking for cover now]

;)

I went for the sdc for starters because of that vid of nenads pointing out the advantage the sdc has over a 5000 on small angular/frosty gold.

my thinking is...I pretend a 5000 has been everywhere so if im using something that has an advantage over one, then I can go anywhere and just hope im the first sdc because they haven't been around long.

my first test day at glendon I was working close to a 7k and his targets were as tiny as mine...IMPRESSIVE to the max!

20xwater said:
ched66 said:

Might have some luck around the old mullock heaps, but it is mostly deep ground so not sure if you'd get the depth with the sdc.......I swing a 5k with 15 x 12

Latest posts