Rotapan information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thought it was a "keep the kids and oldies busy" type bit of kit but i think it may be actually better than that...
Not worth the effort to back engineer, he obviously spent a long time getting this right so guess I'll get one and try it out as soon as I find out how it goes.
Courtesy of Arwon :D

Sw1fty said:
Arwon said:
I purchase one last weekend, got some dirt from Oallan Ford on my way back home (just a random sample) which I put through the Rotapan, only two tiny spec's but I put three slug gun pellets in the dirt and it picked them up and better still, I managed to keep them in my panning.

I'm heading to Tuena to gain a better understand of the best method to use with the Rotapan, will let you know how I go.

Does Tuena have Sapphires as well? Would like to know if it really does catch everything. I don't know anything about the Tuena area...

Never found any sapphires at Tuena. GG has both sapphires and fine gold.

DD

Think there might be the occasional Sapphire north of Tuena up near the Abercrombie caves. From memory the wifey and I found some very small Zircons there (I think don't quote me on it ;) ) I haven't seen any gemstones from Tuena creek yet. As DD said you get both at GG in the public fosssicking area.

Cheers

C&L

Does anyone have or know someone who has a 2nd hand Rotapan for sale?

I have a gold miner spiral wheel but I would like to work the dirt down to concentrates before running it though this machine.

Or alternatively does anyone know of other gold concentrating products for <$250 that do similar things?

Cheers

this is going to sound ridiculous but a milk crate in big poly tub. Cost little & works well LOL

Hmmmmmmmm, interesting concept but I would like a piece of equipment a little more refined........

The rotapan is a gopd concept but its really inefficient it looses gold lile its going out of fashion. My mate got one we tested it over a catch tub ran a few kiads throught then panned out the tub.... vad results for the rota I think its great if you hsve bad knees :|

pjhutchi, are you in vic? I have a cresswell concentrator which I believe is just like the rotapan.

Nah trash magnet I am in Cue WA (a great place) but have you got a link or a picture of the concentrator that you have? I might be interested if you are willing to post it.

I have a rotapan I could be enticed to part with at the right price, it has done very little work. Where do you hail from?

my email is ****removed by moderator******

How have you guys found the rotapan/creswell concentrators?

Thanks trash magnet, I see these go for $295 new and they essentially work the same as the rotapans.

Send me an email, how much do you want for it? I can pay via paypal or COD

****removed by moderator******

Cheers

Latest posts