Rotapan information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dozer

George
Reaction score
I gave the new rotapan a test run today, what an amazing little machine. It reduced a 25l bucket of dirt to a quarter the size in no time ready for panning.
In my opinion a rotapan in conjunction with a Qanta pan is all you need for panning.
Next on the list to buy is Qanta pan.
Cheers Dozer :)

Sounds like a great piece of equipment Dozer, I'd love to get my hands on one someday.

I haven't heard of a Qanta pan, have you got any info on these?

I purchased a Rotapan from one of the members on this site and used it for the first time on Saturday down near the shoalhaven out from Braidwood. Worth every cent. Processing and recovery time went up significantly compared with using just a pan. After about two hours use we ended up with 87 pieces (specs). We were a little way from running water and the unit came into its own in such situations where limited water exists. Very happy. I've kept the tailings and will run them through a fluid bed this weekend to see what and if the rotapan missed any of the fines.
JML

Nugget said:
Sounds like a great piece of equipment Dozer, I'd love to get my hands on one someday.

I haven't heard of a Qanta pan, have you got any info on these?
G/R and Skip had one at the get together at Tuena. Very easy to use, even for a novice like me.
Here is the link
Cheers Dozer :)

http://www.madog.com/gold/HOME.htm

I kept my tailings as well jml, so far no gold in them so I'd say rotapan works quite well.
:D

Careful Chris we are talking panning here. You still need me for the Highbanker and I might just have to increase my fee to lamb on the spit for lunch and dinner if you are not careful LOL. :lol: :lol: :lol:

No but look a how it works i like to buy one were can u get one and how much
steve.

I have a rotapan they work really good where water is limited. There is another thread on here somewhere about them.

DD

I purchase one last weekend, got some dirt from Oallan Ford on my way back home (just a random sample) which I put through the Rotapan, only two tiny spec's but I put three slug gun pellets in the dirt and it picked them up and better still, I managed to keep them in my panning.

I'm heading to Tuena to gain a better understand of the best method to use with the Rotapan, will let you know how I go.

Arwon said:
I purchase one last weekend, got some dirt from Oallan Ford on my way back home (just a random sample) which I put through the Rotapan, only two tiny spec's but I put three slug gun pellets in the dirt and it picked them up and better still, I managed to keep them in my panning.

I'm heading to Tuena to gain a better understand of the best method to use with the Rotapan, will let you know how I go.

Does Tuena have Sapphires as well? Would like to know if it really does catch everything. I don't know anything about the Tuena area...

Iam going to anny day to morrow is there any were in newcastle or maitland were i can get one

steveo1 said:
Thank you how much did it cost

$260, their web site does indicate $235 but I was advised it was $260 prior to me picking up.. Purchased it mainly for my dad to use (82 yo) to make it a little easies for him and to keep him enthusiastic and active in both the body and mind. If I'm can get around as half as good as he does at his age I will be damn happy.

Latest posts