Robilt Faceting Machine

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mmmm getting more attractive... So I think $500 could be a fair price.... thanks Kingsolomon it has at least 2 of each.... I wondered how much they are worth.

1xbeer for you :)

AgateHead.....

:) G-day, Newbie here and to faceting... I have been offered a Robilt Faceting Machine.. its got a spare transfer jig, 3 index wheels, a box of dop sticks and a few other unidentified bits and pieces... my problem is how much are these machines worth and are they any good. The thing is I have never Faceted before so im going in blind 8) and don't want to be suckered into something that's going to be trouble. any help, suggestions, or advice would be greatly appreciated to a newbee with some skill..... :D

AgateHead ......
Great machine. Join a lapidary club in your area and learn the basics and before you know it you will be cutting stones like a pro.
It can take a while to become an expert but learn the 3 basic cuts and perfect the use of the wheels for cutting and polishing as well as the names and angles for the top side and bottom of these cuts is Crown. Girdle and Pavillion for the bottom depending on its shape.
I've just finished the girdle and the gallery over 2 weeks but l have a great teacher and experience on index machines as a fitter & turner.
All the best mate.

:) G-day, Newbie here and to faceting... I have been offered a Robilt Faceting Machine.. its got a spare transfer jig, 3 index wheels, a box of dop sticks and a few other unidentified bits and pieces... my problem is how much are these machines worth and are they any good. The thing is I have never Faceted before so im going in blind 8) and don't want to be suckered into something that's going to be trouble. any help, suggestions, or advice would be greatly appreciated to a newbee with some skill..... :D

AgateHead ......
My name is Jon and l live near Beisbane Australian. I have an old Robyilt machine and have just started training at my local club. Sadly mines missing the 96 tooth index wheel which is the main one for doing the most popular cuts. I've done 3 evenings x 3hrs with a small break and should have my 1st brilliant cut stone finished by week 5 if all goes well. It can take months to finish your 1st stone if not longer but it is getting easier each time l go. I'm looking for spares like that index wheel so let me know if you have any or know where tonget them. Does anyone know where to get spares from? Cheers Jon

[Mod edit: For member security, personal contact details must not be included in forum posts]

Last edited by a moderator:
My name is Jon and l live near Beisbane Australian. I have an old Robyilt machine and have just started training at my local club. Sadly mines missing the 96 tooth index wheel which is the main one for doing the most popular cuts. I've done 3 evenings x 3hrs with a small break and should have my 1st brilliant cut stone finished by week 5 if all goes well. It can take months to finish your 1st stone if not longer but it is getting easier each time l go. I'm looking for spares like that index wheel so let me know if you have any or know where tonget them. Does anyone know where to get spares from? Cheers Jon

[Mod edit: For member security, personal contact details must not be included in forum posts]
I really don't think You will find ANY spares for them. They are a very old machine and I know , John, who owned 'Robuilt Industries' closed down over 10 years ago...
A mate spun some parts on a Lathe and Reset everything to with-in specs for Me to get that old one up to Saleable quality. A big job actually... .. ..

There are also major issues with the USA companies... Some are refusing to supply to Australia, some have closed down and some just don't answer emails and phone calls... Not looking good for the Aussie into Lapidary at the moment... Can't even buy the best saw blades anymore, They have gone down I have been told.....

LW....

I have seen aan index wheel for the old machine on Thingiverse which is a site for 3D Printer designs, give it a look and see if it is what you want
I have a 3d Printer and could possibly make it for you.

Latest posts