advice for faceting machine

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Before you shell out any hard earned $$$$$'s join a local lapidary club and ask their opinion. They will be the 1st place to turn to to learn how to facet. They probably will be able to help you source a machine at a fair price.

I agree with the above comment, and before buying a faceting machine it is very good to have at least some experiencw under your belt before buying. There are many additional costs for faceting, let alone the machine unit and arm which needs absolute precision. The link you posted above seems like a good machine, but personally, without seeing the unit and how exact it is..I'd be sceptical. I'd at least want to see a demonstration, mabey even a full stone cut from crown to pavillion.

Depending on what comes with the kit, there still will be additional costs for things like laps, diamond powders, polish etc.. the other blokes who know how to facet will have some better info - but this was my experience so far, but I did buy a cheap unit so I get cheap cuts, results and accuracy, which is well off on mine

Latest posts