river sluice DIY advice

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benmick6

ben pearson
Reaction score
Gday guys. I'm looking into making a river sluice and was after some advice on sizes to make it and where to get miners moss from
I was thinking about 250mm wide and 600 long with it raised 75mm and a flare at the front probably 100mm wider. I've seen some for sale with the miners moss and mesh and then another lot of riffles over the top of that and wasn't sure weather that was really nessesary.
Thanks
Ben

Hi Ben,
I found unbacked miners moss at my local Bunnings on a roll 1200 wide for $36.50/ meter blue or gray. It's Kenware brand no CMU1200-BLU.
Bunnings F/L. no 4490254. barcode 09341360003906
Cheers
Mick

Thanks for that Mick. I went into a local hardware store today and picked up a square of the half inch thick blue type 900mm x 1 meter for $45.
Ben

Hi mate
Id look at the group by angus mccirk
I just built one at home turned out really good but is so much easier to by one
All the bits and peices add up unless you already have them lying around.
Your dimensions sound good I made mine 280MM wide and forgot to measure my buckets so that when I clean the sluice it slides into the bucket with out dropping and sand.

Agree with Scottyalt, Unless you have the materials laying around or can get them free or very cheap, buy a Angus Mackirk.. group buy is the way to go if you can

Latest posts