RESEARCH and more research: Assumptions may well disappoint

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AngerManagement

Repairs + X-pointers
Site Sponsor
Reaction score
Private RESORT/s - Permission obtained before I left and unaware of any others that had been before me - Black volcanic sand and lots of it. CTX 3030 at about manual of 12 - 14 and starts to false... Made many changes to settings and found lots of stuff at various depths and even pop rivet heads at 150mm to 200mm plus.

A. 6 Resorts but they are cash less. No cash, only card and or on account.

B. Private beaches and no public

C. Local coin is mostly Fe. So what is found is mostly rusted, unless from other countries

D. Lots of champagne and beer tops and other scrap - so many bits of rusted wire and who knows what else.

E. Most resort guests use the pools and not the beach. And if they do use the beach; their towels and personal effects are left on the private grassed area etc Over teh week, I only saw about 8 people using the sea, but so many in all the resort pools.

Outcome for Detecting.... Clean beach and not much else... Found a few items but nothing of real interest except for a few Aussie 5c pieces; that always gave the impression of something good was there... Was hoping for some big heavy bling but got some lovely sunsets that were wonderful.

Overall a great exercise and a new experience....

Take home message - RESEARCH and that the new cashless society will have a big impact on future finds.

1465869731_2016-06-09_08.03.36_medium.jpg

1465869731_2016-06-10_17.41.51_medium.jpg

1465869731_2016-06-10_09.17.59_medium.jpg

1465869731_2016-06-09_21.52.57_medium.jpg

1465869731_2016-06-11_17.42.05_medium.jpg

i know the feeling mate, detected a beach in tasmania, found nothing except for one beer cap but the experience was worth it and this cashless society that is being pushed isnt on any of my favorite things list

rocketaroo said:
Rings must drop though. Cashless doesnt bother us, we want the old stuff :)

But with only one or two even using the beaches - not much bling to to be lost.

But they do tell me that the staff do get asked to get lost rings from the pools OR if the guest can borrow snorkels to find.

I never use credit cards except online. Everytime I see someone using a credit card it makes me shudder. I will only ever use cash, even if they phase it out I'll buy gold and barter instead.

Oh yeah, wait until they do phase out cash, then there will be negative interest rates also, not many people ever really think of these things. Once everyones cash is electronic they will have to pay the banks to look after their digital 1's and 0's money. I'll just keep hoarding silver coins also. :)

i took the grandkids to the beach here in Hervey Bay early this year and couldn;t find anything ,was very dissapointed as kids were really excited for first 15 minutes///,then i remembered the council acted after lots of needles found ,to get special attachment for tractor that picks up everything down to 6 inches every morning , bloody memory is getting bad these days,

jamie said:
i know the feeling mate, detected a beach in tasmania, found nothing except for one beer cap but the experience was worth it and this cashless society that is being pushed isnt on any of my favorite things list

From the point of view of a Tasmanian, this doesn't surprise me. How often do you think it's warm enough to even think of going to the beach in Tasmania?

Latest posts