Removing flour Gold

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darryn

Darryn
Reaction score
Hi does anybody have any good methods for the extraction of fine to flour gold. Any help would be helpful.

Thanks Regards
Darryn

Patience and lots of it. I use an angus mackirk predator 3 captures all the gold but still have to pan. A tea spoon at a time

On the cheap I used to use a drainpipe with ribbed rubber matt and a pond pump on very low. Angus mckirk has a great range of sluices just add a header and a bilge pump. Failing that estwing make a great pan with fine riffles on one side only $30 for a 14 inch or $20 for a 10 inch on ebay.

I use 2 foot of rippled irragation pipe 2inch dia spit and open .
Use hot water from kettle to make soft then cold water to hold shape when spit. Cut individual ripples and setup like sluice.
Small water pump recirculated i can go through 10litres of cons in 1hr... Can use without adding ripples hope it helps. :)

Thanks everyone for your input.

Might get me one of them blue bowls. Watched a few utube vids and they look impressive.

was thinking of building a shaker table but haven't seen a diy for one

again thanks

The miller tables work well
Have a look on the tube

Mate I have a little black bowl I place inside my pan.I fill the bowl and a cup or 2 of fresh water in the pan as well.I put my flour gold/ sand/black sand in the black bowl and tap it into one corner.I then run my rare earth magnet through to get out the black sand leaving the gold and sand, fine quartz behind.now for the trick, I get my sniffer bottle and fill it with water out of my pan that the bowl is sitting in.then I submerge the tip of the sniffer bottle under the water in the bowl over top of the gold and sand and gently squeeze water over top of it towards the other corner of the bowl gently washing away every impurities other than the gold.this will leave all the gold left in the corner you started in and everything over the other side.and if you make a mistake the gold will simply be caught in the pan under neath.then suck it back up and put it into your glass vial.I can get 100% clean up results using this method with no other contamination in with my gold.hope this makes since and helps. :lol: :lol: :lol:

The little black bowl I use is no bigger than inches square and maybe 3/4 inch high. I pinched it off the wife I think it might be one of her fancy coctail sauce dipping bowls but serves my purpose better.lol :D

Pan down as far as you can cover your left over gold and cons with a little water with your pan tilted tap your finger behind the gold and cons all the gold will walk up to the first riffle.......GR

I forgot to mention now I've read it that the bo2l is filled to the top with water and concentrates submerged in that .sorry

Latest posts