ran the GS23.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
mate and I took out he's slucey GS23 on Saturday for a demo. paired up with a 3hp rato pump, shovel and a pick and also my river sluice we headed to the area I know there plenty of gold out and about, on arrival to the track that takes us down to the near by creek we noticed there no way in risking the drive down there as it was all washed out and badly rutted.
So what to do now.... after 10 minutes of going dam it we made the bold move, in saying a bold move I mean as saying its a 2km walk on rocky up and down goat tracks in the bush just to get to the creek and with out a gold pan to even test sample the area (rookie mistake I know) we said lets see what happens so we head to the next location.

after a huge tiring walk we made it to a area that looked promising but with out any gold pans to test and sample the area out spirits on the downer big time. We set up the Gs23 and pump fired it up and thought lets just dig out behind this big flat elongated bed rock, easy said then done rock after rock most the size of basket balls made it hard getting to any material worth running though the 23, after about 20 minutes of moving the over size boulders out of the way we filled up 7 10 litre buckets of sand and gravel and before we ran it though I should placed my river sluice after the GS just to see how much or if any gold would wash out in the tailings well that's if there is even any gold at the area we were digging at.
we ran bucket after bucket till all 7 were finished. as I headed back in the creek to collect the shovel and pick I noticed a small half foot round cycle about 5 to 6 inches deep packed with rocks so I thought lets clean this hole out and see how we go there was only about half an inch of sand in the hole and on the last shovel full of material I scooped out I noticed a little spec of colour on the tip of the shovel and right then when our spirits were so low after a bad hard day it all went away with that one fly poo spec :). so we ran the last bucket though did a clean up and carried our tired a$$ all the way back out of the sticks in a better mood after that one tiny spec. amazing how yes your mood changes from in the dumps to a fat kid in a candy store by a spec of gold.

so on Sunday after a good well needed sleep I went out to the shed to panned out the cons I was excite and nervous to see if there was any more then that one spec in the material.
bingo after a few swivels of the pan I see colour then I see more I cleaned it the best I could took a few photos and dried and weighed it 1.3 grams

just goes to show you even if the area you want to is washed away and you need to find a new spot or if you forget a gold pan, don't give up and give it a crack yes its only 1.3 grams and it was a lot of work but it was also an none test sample area and about 1.5 hours of full working and about 7 to 8 small buckets of material....
never give up keep at it...

lets just say long weekend hurry up I'm coming back for more...

1476069500_img_2337.jpg

1476069532_20161009_111652.jpg
1476069725_pan.jpg

Congrats...you stuck at it and besides not the bsst crcumstances...you still came home with some good yellow! :cool:

Latest posts