R.I.P. - Passing of Famous/Notable Persons

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RM Outback said:
Definitely a true lady of her time, while reading about Vera Lynn on Wikipedia her spirit reminds me of my grandmother, mother and aunties who lived through the 2nd world war era. Such an amazing lady to give so much of her life to lift other people's spirit and let them escape the trouble around them for a brief moment.

RIP Vera Lynn :flowers:

Yeah mate I agree, feels like loosing a member of the family,

In March she had just started performing again, at 103 she's a special type of person, :perfect: :trophy:

Ridge Runner said:
Dame Vera Lynn's funeral is today in 2 and a half hours at in the village where she lived they are going to pause the funeral precession and have 2 Spitfires circle the Village before they continue with the precession, RIP to a Great Lady, :flowers:

That is a fair gap between her passing and the funeral. Is is going to be a public funeral and are there restrictions ?

just starting said:
Ridge Runner said:
Dame Vera Lynn's funeral is today in 2 and a half hours at in the village where she lived they are going to pause the funeral precession and have 2 Spitfires circle the Village before they continue with the precession, RIP to a Great Lady, :flowers:

That is a fair gap between her passing and the funeral. Is is going to be a public funeral and are there restrictions ?

Due to the population etc these things take a couple of weeks or more but now with CV-19 as well has increased the work load on funeral companies.

Eldorado said:
Great guitarist who couldnt read a musical note.Legend. :flowers: R I P Eddie. :flowers:

He Could read music, Originally he trained as a Classical Pianist, and some how he managed to convert his knowledge to Guitar, Not my type of music but I have to admit he became the Master of his Craft. Truly Iconic,

R.I.P Eddie, :flowers:

Ridge Runner said:
Eldorado said:
Great guitarist who couldnt read a musical note.Legend. :flowers: R I P Eddie. :flowers:

He Could read music, Originally he trained as a Classical Pianist, and some how he managed to convert his knowledge to Guitar, Not my type of music but I have to admit he became the Master of his Craft. Truly Iconic,

R.I.P Eddie, :flowers:
Sorry Ridge Runner,I was just going with what I had read.
https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/eddie-van-halen-never-learned-to-read-sheet-music.html/

It's amazing-I have only met one person who played piano accordian,trumpet and trombone but couldn't read music. He worked at a Garden Nursery in Dingley Vic.
Dutch by birth but a really nice bloke and was our -apart from me- the piano accordian,trumpet and trombone. A real asset to the 6 piece band. :)

Latest posts