R.I.P Forum Members and other prospectors

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Its been posted elsewhere so I thought I would pass it on here for those who may have heard the sad news. Janet Lady Of The Lake has passed away in Kalgoorlie after a 2 year battle with Cancer.

I didnt know Janet personally but Im sure some of our westerners may have, my condolences and thoughts go out to her family and friends.

Janets website http://www.janetsgoldnuggets.com which I had stumbled across in Google a number of times is the source of many prospecting stories and gold specimens from the Western Australia salt lakes.

1361317342_janet.jpg

Image Source: http://www.janetsgoldnuggets.com/photos.htm

It saddens me to hear that one of our international members MinnesotaAU passed away suddenly on June 16th of 2013.

Although only being active on the forum for a short time prior to his passing, Bill came across as a genuine and caring person and my thoughts are with his family.

RIP mate.

Nugget

Imagine what you'll find when detectors go that deep ?
R .I. P mate in that big hole we all end up in.

To Charles Garrett,... "THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING ! ;) ".and on a scale of 1-10 8.( 8.( 8.( 8.( 8.( 8.( 8.( 8.( 8.( 8.(

sad day for the prospecting world. His deluxe panning kit helped find my first bit of gold and I might go watch the dvd that came with it just because.

RIP Charles

Rest in peace Mr Garrett.
My first detector was a Deepseeker and I read his detecting books. He made the machines, talked the talk and walked the walk when it came to detecting.
RDD

My first detector was a Deep seeker then an A2b.
I still have the deep seeker and a few of his books that were gifts over the years.
R.I.P. Charles, You have done so much for the prospector and Thank You.

A very enthusiastic digger with high spirit and speed on the mind from racing sprint cars. Poor kathy had passed away October 30th at the young agebof 40 due to an aneurysm. Ill miss your charn and digging with you kathy, I'm glad we got to spend time together chasing gold and veins of quartz, trecking uphill through the jungle as your boots got stuck in mud and climbing over boulders and logs. I'm sad you are not with us anymore, you will be well missed. Even the paper has a mention of how often your family couldn't keep you away from the creek. Rest peacefully.

Forum member kathy: https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/profile.php?id=5313

1450339213_14503391116910.jpg

I just read the news paper article, she was a special person.

My condolences.

This is what her son said at her funeral.

One of the funny stories that Aaron told was of Kathys relatively new passion prospecting.
He told of coming home to find holes all over the back yard, or his mum down in the creek in her waders convinced that that big, so far elusive, nugget was just waiting to be dug up or scooped up.

Latest posts