quartz reef/gold bearing?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure about the laws there mate but if you barrow it out I'm sure someone with a big machine could help you out....thinking excavator or similar to take the workload out of it....that's the path i went last time for a couple of tins they had it to dolly size and smaller in literally minutes. I still have it stockpiled until i build something to finish it up....the chainsaw adapted rock crusher i saw on here gave me inspiration. Too easy once its down to size.just throwing it out there mate, too often in life we forget other people have great toys, we just need to ask.

mate you ask the wrong person and they take all your gold :) lol good luck! I hope you make it out.. and keep up the hard work!

20xwater this is above the bedrock so it's float? If this is the case I would be testing for colors around the edge of the dig.It's good that it's decomposed as it would have shed plenty of color. Just thinking it might be still difficult to find where it came from? It would take an hour or so for my machine to dust that.

hehe, nice stuff 20xwater, I like your enthusiasm, Do more tests on the rock before you commit yourself to the main task. Don't ever test in a dolly pot that has been used to crush rich specimens. The best way to clean out ur dolly pot is by crushing glass in it until its powder twice, thoroughly rinsing with water in between crushing's. You also want to clean the rock of any possible alluvial material. My personal opinion on the rock is that if it doesn't beep on my detector, I wouldn't bother, It is a quartz intruded slate rock which would be almost everywhere in the area under the topsoil.The quartz veining has kept the rock in one piece. It does look as if its from a faulted zone but still, If it doesn't beep........

sususydney said:
mate you ask the wrong person and they take all your gold :) lol good luck! I hope you make it out.. and keep up the hard work!

...if you were traveling at the speed of sound in a fighter jet and turned your head in the opposite direction you were traveling and spoke the words "numbers and science",how fast would your voice travel from your mouth to the rear of the cockpit?

have fun with this mate :lol: :cool:

Hare_Twigga said:
20xwater this is above the bedrock so it's float? If this is the case I would be testing for colors around the edge of the dig.It's good that it's decomposed as it would have shed plenty of color. Just thinking it might be still difficult to find where it came from? It would take an hour or so for my machine to dust that.

hi twigs, yeah its above bedrock and I agree its afloat in the clay. I don't know how long this thing actually is in total but it does keep going up in the direction from the first pics I took when exposed. before I found it I had already walked up the gully to the spur wich is a good 0.5 km's. I did this simply to look for any sign of old workings and found nothing. i have sampled the guts out of this gully and colour is still present above it. thinking of digging some test holes to map it maybe, massive job ahead...ive got a few meters of clay and pay gravel ready to process so im stopping the dig for now, plus we just had some good rain last night so the trench will be a mess. a dug a water race a while ago to channel the water from rain to my advantage. will be interesting to see how its worked :cool:

theres no value in a specimen that has no visible gold mate, nearly all rocks about the place has some traces of gold in them the question is how much gold is in that rock, even a dollyied test piece isn't conclusive because gold will settle into the crevises on the surface and contaminate the results. only way to know is weight it before then crush it and weight the gold after. that will give you the value of the load.

However if you happen to smash it and find a gold vein or like keep it as specimen

there is no visible gold on ANY of the surfaces that its broken into, ive done what mr boring said and im finding that this slab is just not worth it and I get more fine gold out of the ground above/below/and in the wash that's obviously concerntrated from the decompasition of other bits like this from the whole gully. im sorry but this has fizzed out people.

I tried..

scott :|

You would hear the sound as it was made. You, and the air in the cockpit would be travelling at the speed of sound also.. its something to do with relativity..

Its the same theory kinda as to why we dont fly off our feet as the earth spins at 30000 kmh or whatever it is!!
Edit: 1670kmh is the rotation speed of earth according to nasa via google.. i was thinking of a geoststionary satellite which travels at around 36000 kmh

Cheers Tone

GoldCheddar2005 said:
You got me putting the books aside today and getting out to Dittmer! Positive spin.... nice having the whole creek to myself

awesome, I think there is much we all can learn from this outcome. it does contain gold but not enough to destroy it. to me its still a beautiful highly mineralised rock specimen and I feel very lucky to have a chunk.

there is lots of fine gold in this gully wich is the perfect place for me to experiment,learn,succeed and fail to gain experience fast.

the depth of my journey goes way beyond gold itself as in this short time its brought 3 generations back together. I hadn't seen my father in many years till he contacted me and invited me here. since then I found my lost son on facebook who I haven't seen since he was 18months old. he is now 16 on the 18 of next month and not on pourpose my ute's rego is allways due on the same day. I find this rock 2 days ago and today my son excepts my friend request and I got to speak to him for the first time.

im not a very spiritual person as my theorys of life are defined by science but its hard not to think of unknown or unexplainable events like this in such ways...is luck really a factor when I read and take in all the experience of all the wonderful people on this forum,watch EVERY gold related youtube video,read some books on the local mining/prospecting history of the area and just DO IT and let NOTHING get in my way?

the power I put into my pick and shovel to move large amounts of material is fueled by all this...and because of the added benefit of fitness.
I actually enjoy flogging ground hard. its cold here and getting colder...only when your not digging!

scott :cool:

I think If you turned around in the cockpit and spoke to the rear of the jet, the sound waves leaving your mouth would be received at the speed of sound by anyone sitting behind you in the jet despite the fact that really it is you moving away from sound waves at the speed of sound.. Everything within the cockpit is moving at the speed of sound and anything you propel to the back of the plane is initially decelerated and deducted from the speed of sound before accelerating back to the speed of sound at the rate the object normally slows. Let's say you threw a tennis ball while flying in a jumbo jet. When thrown toward the front of the plane the ball grows and shrinks in mass/energy. Throw it toward the rear of the plan and the ball shrinks and grows mass/energy. What you experience form within the confines of a speeding jet and from the outside is relative.

Relativity... might need to be looked up here... just like jumping up while in a train, why dont you hit the back of the train while in air...

nuggetino said:
I think If you turned around in the cockpit and spoke to the rear of the jet, the sound waves leaving your mouth would be received at the speed of sound by anyone sitting behind you in the jet despite the fact that really it is you moving away from sound waves at the speed of sound.. Everything within the cockpit is moving at the speed of sound and anything you propel to the back of the plane is initially decelerated and deducted from the speed of sound before accelerating back to the speed of sound at the rate the object normally slows. Let's say you threw a tennis ball while flying in a jumbo jet. When thrown toward the front of the plane the ball grows and shrinks in mass/energy. Throw it toward the rear of the plan and the ball shrinks and grows mass/energy. What you experience form within the confines of a speeding jet and from the outside is relative.
Someones been boning up on their Einsteinian thought experiments - HSC physics

Mr Boring said:
It would happen instantly because you would have a microphone in ur helmet....

nothing is instant, time is constant!, all electronic devices have latency or refresh rates(the blink of a cpu), EG, a tv with a refresh rate under 100htz makes a football appear blurry as is goes across the screen, the speed of audio has a maximum depending on the material or source its sent through, quality of signal depends on this as well(wires)...a thought on headphones on metal detectors...if the frequency response rate of the speakers in your headphones(written on side of box) does not cover the frequency range of your detector your not hearing everything its saying!

Paydirt said:
nuggetino said:
Someones been boning up on their Einsteinian thought experiments - HSC physics

excellent answer mate :cool:

TenOunce Tone said:
You would hear the sound as it was made. You, and the air in the cockpit would be travelling at the speed of sound also.. its something to do with relativity..

Its the same theory kinda as to why we dont fly off our feet as the earth spins at 30000 kmh or whatever it is!!
Edit: 1670kmh is the rotation speed of earth according to nasa via google.. i was thinking of a geoststionary satellite which travels at around 36000 kmh

Cheers Tone

you are very warm to where I am going with all this tone :cool:

Latest posts