QED Info Thread.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good luck out there Dave, good to hear your finding gold with the Q.E.D. may take a while to get used to the Q.E.D. still early days and it's good that you are comparing the two machines to compare to each other, you may find one is better on some days to the other for unknown reasons.

Bugga u beat me Dave...but am interstate :) .... The EMI is most probably lightening .. to check .. turn on your car radio to the AM band but not on a station and listen u will hear it if it is about or basicaly any other type of emi sometimes...
I would have tried with and without those wireless phones .. just as a test.

PS kool down in Perth :)

Davent appears to be the only fella prepared to upload video clips of the QED in action other then what is on Howard's YouTube site.

Rush said:
Davent appears to be the only fella prepared to upload video clips of the QED in action other then what is on Howard's YouTube site.

After all the commotion when this long-promised detector finally came on the market, it's now starting to seem like Davent's the only user! :D

I have a Q.E.D. Gold Detector and I'm in Queensland and I'm willing to get behind this AUSSIE MADE product and try to get myself a lighter pulse induction gold detector designed by a prospector in Australia, which is much cheaper which won't cost a arm and a leg to own, which I can hopefully use to go gold detecting longer with out the excess weight that out manufacturers seam to like giving us to carry around and most likely they don't do any gold detecting at all them selves.

Think about it, we all want a light weight gold detector that makes us happy to go and use to find small and large gold with out to much weight along comes the Q.E.D. and some have done their best to try to stop peoples interest in this gold detector, surely most of Aussie prospectors want to give their Aussie mates a fair go at producing a gold detecting machine some thing close to or equal to what they are using at the moment for much less cost and fun to use.

Im all for it to succeed too Dingo, and i really hope it does prove to be as good as we all hope it will be.
Thats why this thread exisits, so we can learn from it. I havent been out with my 4500 since I got my QED, except for yesterday, as I had the QED mounted on the 4500 shaft. I will be taking both detectors with me everywhere from now on.
Personally, I love the QED,s ergonomics, if I can become as confident in it as I am with the 4500, ill be a happy man.....I'm not as confident yet.

Dingo, welcome to the thread, please post yor experiences with the QED here, look forward to your input,
cheers, dave.

Dingo said:
I have a Q.E.D. Gold Detector and I'm in Queensland and I'm willing to get behind this AUSSIE MADE product and try to get myself a lighter pulse induction gold detector designed by a prospector in Australia, which is much cheaper which won't cost a arm and a leg to own, which I can hopefully use to go gold detecting longer with out the excess weight that out manufacturers seam to like giving us to carry around and most likely they don't do any gold detecting at all them selves.

Think about it, we all want a light weight gold detector that makes us happy to go and use to find small and large gold with out to much weight along comes the Q.E.D. and some have done their best to try to stop peoples interest in this gold detector, surely most of Aussie prospectors want to give their Aussie mates a fair go at producing a gold detecting machine some thing close to or equal to what they are using at the moment for much less cost and fun to use.

I'm not sure what you're getting at there - my impression was that plenty of us are interested, but the actual users seem to be keeping quiet on the forums. Anyway, good luck with your hunts and please keep us informed about how it's going for you.

Most people that have a Q.E.D. are either out trying to find gold with it and learn how to use it to get the best out of it and the others may be reluctant to post about it and get attacked by reporting their comments about it so I think that is why things have gone quiet about it I would say.

We the Mod Squad have been watching for that and will protect any ones comments with earnest.
Don,t want any crap in here. ]:D :Y:

Dingo said:
Most people that have a Q.E.D. are either out trying to find gold with it and learn how to use it to get the best out of it and the others may be reluctant to post about it and get attacked by reporting their comments about it so I think that is why things have gone quiet about it I would say.

Dingo said:
So Dingo what are your findings so far regards the machine :) I understand you have probably had limited time spent on machine but what would you compare it's ability to thus far ? SDC ? GPX ? Go Find ?

I have owned a 5k, F1a4, and XP deus over the last 3 or 4 years. All sold for one reason or another. I have had the QED for 3 days and so far have used it for about 6 hrs in fairly difficult ground around Waanyarra and Kooyoora areas. I think I had the machine running fairly well most of the time but I still have a lot to learn. So far am happy with the way it works and think it might be a keeper. As I become more familiar with its operation I may do some videos. Having some issues with the deteknix wireless unit which I need to spend some time investigating. I live a good 3 to 4 hrs drive from the GT so might not get a chance to use it for a while.

What issues you having with the detecnix? Im also having some issues, the audio cutting out from time to time, think its to do with the small adaptor plug and sometimes dodgy connection. I also have a nokia speaker, will use that next time.

I have the 3.5mm plug on the deteknix TX unit which fits the QED without an adapter. The sennheiser headphones I use have a 3.5mm plug so I have to use the supplied adapter because the Deteknix RX unit has a 6.5mm socket, then I am only getting sound in one side of the headphones, but if I plug the headphones directly into the QED sound is in both sides and the threshold is slightly louder than when using wireless. Sound does drop out sometimes but not to big an issue at the moment. I have read that some are getting emi interference thru the wireless but haven't been able to confirm that yet.

Bogger wrote! (So Dingo what are your findings so far regards the machine smile I understand you have probably had limited time spent on machine but what would you compare it's ability to thus far ? SDC ? GPX ? Go Find ?)

Sorry Bogger, but at the moment I have been busy with other things in my life and I'm unable to give you any comparisons to other detectors that I've used, but it seams easy to use and to set up, since I live on the coast line I will be hunting the (wet beach sand) with it first and when I travel to a gold field which won't be for quiet a while as I live far away from one I will be using it there when I finally get the opportunity to hunt for gold with it.

I don't detect as often as I used to but I had been waiting for a company to produce a good all round light weight pulse induction machine that performs equal to a GPX or close in performance that has coil options for it with not too much cash out lay and along came the Q.E.D. after many years of first reading about it previously on the forums.

I'm sure others will report soon about the Q.E.D. and their experience about its performance in the gold fields but the best tester will be your self as you will be the judge and jury after you use it and make the best decision if it's right for you or not.

petere said:
....so I have to use the supplied adapter because the Deteknix RX unit has a 6.5mm socket,then I am only getting sound in one side of the headphones, but if I plug the headphones directly into the QED sound is in both sides and the threshold is slightly louder than when using wireless.

Just sounds like you have a 'mono' adaptor, and need a 'stereo' one instead...shops do bungle it from time to time.

I'd try the adapter on another platform and see if it works correctly before condemning anything else first..

GGA