QED Info Thread.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had been waiting for a company to produce a good all round light weight pulse induction machine that performs equal to a GPX or close in performance that has coil options for it with not too much cash out lay and along came the Q.E.D.

Thanks Dingo ................I think you I an everyone else want the "dream" machine and as much as the QED fulfills these parameters in the weight and price category if it doesn't perform to satisfaction then all becomes a mute point for me ? Probably more also looking for a gold machine with these features ? Kudos to Dave and others that are giving it a go and almost feel compelled to donate something to what is almost R&D. I guess in short I'm not prepared to spend a K on a suck it and see basis :(
If it performs anywhere near a GPX then I'll buy one but for now can but wait patiently till some feedback filters thru :Y:

GypsyGoldAu said:
petere said:
....so I have to use the supplied adapter because the Deteknix RX unit has a 6.5mm socket,then I am only getting sound in one side of the headphones, but if I plug the headphones directly into the QED sound is in both sides and the threshold is slightly louder than when using wireless.

Just sounds like you have a 'mono' adaptor, and need a 'stereo' one instead...shops do bungle it from time to time.

I'd try the adapter on another platform and see if it works correctly before condemning anything else first..

GGA
As soon as I get a few spare minutes I will check that out
Thanks

This is what I bought and use with my Q.E.D. Gold Detector for my 1/4" head phone cable jack and works well.

Gold 1/4" FEMALE - 1/8" TRS MALE Mono. This high quality metal, gold audio adapter enables the user to connect stereo audiocables with larger 1/4" (6.35mm) jack connectors to a device with a stereo 1/8" (3.5mm) mini-jack input.

Audio Adapter - 1/4" female to 1/8" male - Stereo TRS - Gold

1489739670_ap-a-1-4f-1-8m-gd.jpg

http://www.swamp.net.au/swamp-audio-adapter-a-1-4-f-to-1-8-m-trs-gold

Dingo said:
Hi Lee,
Sunshine Coast!

That's my home town too,

I think the QED will hold it's own very well, we can't expect nor should we compare it to a $6000 machine, But from it's price point it should prove to be well worth the money and make a lot of owners happy and that is all any of us ask for,

The sooner someone finds the Ideal shaft setup and fine tunes the overall layout then it will all pan out nicely for sure.

One other Issue to add to what Gypsy said is the weight of that jack adapter might be putting too much pressure on one side of the headphone socket, personally I would be looking for a plastic lighter option just to take the weight off the socket.

John.

I'd be looking at a 1/4" female to 1/8" male cable and tape the cable to the shaft to stop it moving, a 1/4" to 1/8" apapter plug will have too much weight from the heavier cable putting a strain on the 1/8" output from the detector, just my opinion of course.

Something sililar to this one on ebay, but I'd get a much longer version of the same thing.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cable-Adapt...Male-1-8-in-3-5mm-TRS-Mini-plug-/192112875522

I think the 1200 odd was for the box only,
Then add a coil for 1500 odd.
Keep going up with accessories.

old hand said:
NO $1270 was with the new GST $2000 plus with coil battery and charger

:8 ..my bad then. I had read there was going to be an adjustment based on the 'billing' arrangements with Dean, and haven't followed this to the nth degree re; costs....apologies for any inconvenience as a result.

Can we have a link to the page this came from? There may be more info. there than just 'guessing' what it may be?..

old hand said:
they were going to be $11something originally then released at $1270 now $1570 whats happened to the cheap Aussie detector :N:

Just did an add up with burger with the lot and by the time you add a decent coil your up into SDC price range :eek:
Actually if you add in the price for headphones and a harness your basically at SDC price :) Unless some real good results come out I think if you do the maths the price may nobble it's sales somewhat personally :rolleyes:
Being able to change coils is the only thing I could see being a benefit over the SDC but then the SDC has a track record second to no other detector that I'm aware of. Going to all boil down to the machine producing the goods I guess ? ;)

Just did some sums. $2150 for the lot with a Sadie coil, still not SDC territory yet.
That's,battery charger, batteries,shafts,box,and coil. And if you had another coil or 2, you would be at $1850, then you have the flexibility to do your own battery set up, for as little as $70-100.
Still not bad value for a second detector, that is proving pretty capable.
Its disappointing that it wasn't sorted out from the start though.

The pricing has changed a bit since the GST had to be factored in, But I don't think the original pricing took in to account just what is involved in the start to the finished product, That is a common rookie mistake with a young company/product It will take quite a few units to be made to be able to workout the exact cost involved across the board, I am sure they will come good six months from now,

As to whether the cost comes close to the SDC or not I can't say, But if it does there is no telling how that might end.

I can honestly say, if the price was the same or close.to the SDC, I would have probably not bought either, but if I was to choose a second detector at the same price, I would have bought the SDC.
I wanted an SDC for my upcoming WA trip, but couldn't afford one, then along came the QED.....with the flexibility to buy without coils, that I had anyway, still a much cheaper option than an SDC.

Latest posts