QED Info Thread.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aussiedigs said:
Quick? Yeah well it was a great buy. I wouldnt let the fact a PL2 hasnt had the upgrades done determine whether to buy it or not. Its only $20 return to Howard to get the latest upgrades which includes free extra circuitry.

It was 9 months old but little use, not weeks old.

Al.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...7572_e224818e-edc1-45df-a612-ddb85684cf89.jpg

I would have missed out if i wanted to grab that one anyway as i worked that night so had no chance to beat the sucessfull purchaser.
Anyway. I will get my grubby little hands onto one soon.
Jason

If that detector was in vic i would have gotten it. ACT is too far to travel for me. And money transfer/paypal and postage just isnt safe for buyer or seller unless they know each other.
Fairly spewin though. That must be getting close to a grand rrp of extras with that machine.

I had mine sent from the kimberly region, no problems at all. :Y: maybe they could send it back to howard and you could finalize the deal there.

hippyhunter said:
If that detector was in vic i would have gotten it. ACT is too far to travel for me. And money transfer/paypal and postage just isnt safe for buyer or seller unless they know each other.
Fairly spewin though. That must be getting close to a grand rrp of extras with that machine.

Geez your making it hard on yourself Hippy. Pay by Paypal and get him to post it. Job done!

Aussiedigs said:
hippyhunter said:

Geez your making it hard on yourself Hippy. Pay by Paypal and get him to post it. Job done!
Depends on how you look at it. From my view i mentioned to you in a pm that i have seen qed machines on gumtree for as good a deal or maybee better within a 10km radius of where i live in the last few months. Have also seen an sdc and a 4500 for 2 grand in same time frame. Deals like that are pretty common around my way. So if can be patient can get such a deal close by. Theres no way i would drive 14 hour round trip for one.
As for paypal, there is no buyer protection for gumtree, and i dont think it even applies to ebay anymore. I dont wanna be the guy who has a brick in his hand rather than a detector, and has people saying "whu dod you buy a detector without seeing it" or "why did you send money to a stranger without having any goods".
I appreciate your enthusiasm sincerely. I have found you cant trust "strangers" these days.. to a percentage where you just shouldnt trust anyone unless you can live with getting burned. If i moss 20 deals because of that, that feels less bad than being ripped off 1 time. (Some obvious experience with this for me).
I hope im not sounding rude, but just wanted to state my reasoning because i think you are wondering why im not jumping on your last few point outs.
I really dont mind if i end up buying a newie if i cant wait any longer and no used ones that suit me show up.
Anyway. I do appreciate you pointing those ads out. I am learning from seeing different ads even if i dont buy.
Cheers
Jase

pinfire opals said:
I had mine sent from the kimberly region, no problems at all. :Y: maybe they could send it back to howard and you could finalize the deal there.

I dont think i would bother the bloke howard with anything like that. I dont mind buying a new one from him if the time comes where i want one bad and no used ones have caught my eye.(i like the idea of supporting a local business as long as the product is quality).
Anyway. Good idea but. If my budget was stretched i would use that idea for sure.
Cheers, jason

You have for one opened my mind to the whites hndle option since chatting aussie. Although its still second option, its a close second now. Before seeing yours and actually considering those ads you pointed out i wouldnt have considered it at all.got me thinking more about amp also.
Cheers j

Some of the early Qed,s were using the x terra shaft i was reading the other night. I think that was when you could just buy the control box and battery pack, would be similar to the detech option i guess. Cheers Noel.

hippy hunter I have bought a couple of things thru Gumtree for a fair few $$, & I ask first if they will send me a copy of their drivers licence, allowing them to cover their address & expiry if they wish. you only really need a name & DL#. Its not a guarantee as they could use anyones, or a stolen one etc, but those that reply with it very rapidly are usually more genuine.
Not fail safe, but adds a bit of confidence.
DED

pinfire opals said:
Some of the early Qed,s were using the x terra shaft i was reading the other night. I think that was when you could just buy the control box and battery pack, would be similar to the detech option i guess. Cheers Noel.

Ive seen photos of some unusual ones. Like the ones that had a ground balance button, which had to be removed, and one had the controll box etc mounted on a broomstick or.something like that. Haha
I wonder if the ground balance quick grab button could be re-added by a modder?Nothing minelab could do about that.. might not be workable anymore though with current firmware.

Ded Driver said:
hippy hunter I have bought a couple of things thru Gumtree for a fair few $$, & I ask first if they will send me a copy of their drivers licence, allowing them to cover their address & expiry if they wish. you only really need a name & DL#. Its not a guarantee as they could use anyones, or a stolen one etc, but those that reply with it very rapidly are usually more genuine.
DED

Paypal is reliable regardless of where or where through has been my experience. Cheap reliable insurance.

No pressure Jason, more for others.

Al.

Ded Driver said:
DED

Yeah. Its still putting too much trust in some random person for my liking
A good scammer will be proffessional at lying and knowing what you want to hear.
Even if someone gives you their actual licence (minus address as you mentioned), it still doesnt stop them.from sending you a detector with a fault for example. And the cops arent going to help anyone get reimbursed for faulty goods. If it doesnt turn up period they might listen to you, but in that case a fake id has most likely been used.
When buying anything used electronics privately it is a huge gamble to buy without testing the equipment first.
Sending money to a stranger without the goods in your hand is an even larger gamble. And i think it applies more as time goes by becuase people are becoming less trustworthy and more desperate by the year..
OPPORTUNITY will do strange things to seemingly respectable and honest people.

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush ;)

hippyhunter said:
Ded Driver said:
DED

Yeah. Its still putting too much trust in some random person for my liking
A good scammer will be proffessional at lying and knowing what you want to hear.
Even if someone gives you their actual licence (minus address as you mentioned), it still doesnt stop them.from sending you a detector with a fault for example. And the cops arent going to help anyone get reimbursed for faulty goods. If it doesnt turn up period they might listen to you, but in that case a fake id has most likely been used.
When buying anything used electronics privately it is a huge gamble to buy without testing the equipment first.
Sending money to a stranger without the goods in your hand is an even larger gamble. And i think it applies more as time goes by becuase people are becoming less trustworthy and more desperate by the year..
OPPORTUNITY will do strange things to seemingly respectable and honest people.

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush ;)
Im with you...If I can't test it myself or be able to take it back if I find a fault when I get it home ,Then I won't buy it...Just chucking my 2c in :) :Y:

Aussiedigs said:
Ded Driver said:
DED

Paypal is reliable regardless of where or where through has been my experience. Cheap reliable insurance.

No pressure Jason, more for others.

Al.
Will have to agree to disagree on the paypal insurance thing. Its all good. People do things their own way for reasons. I am set in my buying practices through my experiences, as are you.
I am happy to leave those deals for some other more needy or enthusiastic person. I am good like that :D
Anyway.. better get back to the qed talk before mod gods become angered about thread hijacks.
Regards, jason

Latest posts