purchasing of concentrates

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Firstly, thanks for all the kind words everyone! It is also good to see a couple other guys offering concentrates/paydirt out there, I'll need to get some to add gold from different area's to my personal collection.

And in response to Outback, I have a couple different bags that I offer, some with designated amounts of gold in them. The main one I sell though is my highbanker concentrates, and at times they have produced more then the value of the purchase (only one time I know of that also covered the shipping!). That being said, I wont treat people like idiots. When I'm on a spot where I know I'm going to be getting fantastic clean ups, I keep the concentrates and gold for my self. My bags are generally made on semi ok ground, ground that I find is worth working, but not ground where I'm going to be getting 4-5 gram from a couple hours digging (those are very rare in any manner). But 80-90 percent of my highbanking would go to my concentrates, because ground like that is rare, where I am anyway.

I know my highbanker, I know my spots, and I know the gold per shovel load, and I try and work them to the value that I think people will be happy with. Most of the time, they are, and other times people are ecstatic with them. I think the only complaint I have ever had, was that the gold was to fine, but that's Eldorado gold, its fine and everywhere and that's what makes it so great.

To answer your question simply though, no, pay-dirt is not a get rich scheme. It's a bit of fun, its a way of introducing your family and friends, or kids into the hobby that you enjoy. It's also for when you can't get out to enjoy your hobby, due to health, work or just general life getting in the way.

Outback said:
What's the chances of getting more gold value then the price of the concentrates after panning ?

:rolleyes:

Thanks for clearing that up DT , your concentrates are popular with many repeat customers :)
My congratulations on your business model .

Cheers
Outback .

Today I purchased some 'highly concentrated' pay dirt from someone who guarantees yellow in every bag of cons. I did this to practice my panning skills and also to see some yellow (hopefully). I will let every one know how this goes.
:)

Went through one X 200gm bag of "paydirt" and got a couple of pickers, several spots of gold and some flour gold. Seller recommender panning it up to 5 or more times. Re-panned a couple of teaspoons and lo and behold...more spots of gold. I will do as suggested and repan all the cons several times to see how much gold is there. Lots of gemstones in this paydirt...little red, white and blue stones ...no idea what they are but I will keep it all and work it out later.

In terms of my objective to practice panning skills and see some yellow...mission accomplished !!.

In relation to the question...can you get more gold (value) than the cost of the 'paydirt' cons...I think the answer is clearly 'No'.

Would be surprised if anyone selling cons had a business model that would allow the purchaser to make more money from their purchase than the purchase price they paid.

I reckon the people selling cons and paydirt realise that 'reputational value' is everything...so if their product is crap, everyone will soon know.

In relation to question, would I buy again...possibly, but I'd rather spend some bucks on some gear to make getting the yellow a little easier.

This was a good topic started by Casper ( the friendly ghost). Thanks Casper :)

casper said:
bazxa said:
casper is that dt dirt? thanks

no actually - i got it from here http://www.eurekaprospecting.com.au/71/paydirt
but I will certainly try DT's in the future.
casper

I had a nasty fall at work last December so I had internal fixation and reconstruction on shattered calcaneus with all titanium hardware if I might add.

After discharge from hospital I was in a bad state physiologically and psychologically so after a few weeks I bought the same stuff as you Casper from Eureka Prospecting. Found the guy from watching YouTube vids which led me to his website and was a bit sus at first but I was really happy with the coarse gold pickers, gold fines, gems, zircons, quartz crystals, crushed amethyst even a diamond which is pretty messed up but nonetheless a diamond and under 1/4 carat, lots of heavy black sands and devils dice too which are magnetic. Mixed bags with a little bit of everything.

I bought 11 bags and get 2 free for the monthly deal at the time with free postage which cost me $275 as I had gold fever badly but more importantly I needed the therapy and without being able to go bush which would have cost me more than that if I was able too so I bit the bullet so to speak. I still have about 7 bags to go through.

My younger boy Constantine was enthusiastic about doing gem identification when he was coming home after school every day looking through the cons so that in it's self was positive therapy bonding with my boy during recovery.

My wife recons from now on every long weekend I should buy some paydirt bags and stay home as it is cheaper to find gold in the paydirt than what it costs to go remote bush camping and dig a hole for 7 hours straight like a possessed demon for .1g to .3g! Nothing beats being out in the bush camping with river frontage and the smell of camp fire bonding with my growing young boys!

I'll take some pics of paydirt bags, contents, panned cons and separated gems, coarse gold pickers and post them.

Sorry guys as it's a bit long winded but I needed to get a bit off my chest but still on topic :D

I cant wait to get back out!

This is what I got from seven 200g bags from Eureka Prospecting Paydirt:

1461034302_img_1193.jpg

1461034357_img_1194.jpg

1461034391_img_1198.jpg

1461034665_img_1206.jpg

1461034491_img_1201.jpg

1461034552_img_1202.jpg

1461034596_img_1204.jpg

It's strawberries and pine nuts really, a little bit of everything in Eureka's bags so my boys could enjoy being involved in the process with me as well rather than gold only and black sands in DT's where I would only benefit from processing while my boys face would be stuck to the monitor playing the PS3 dominating MAD MAX open world :p

Everyone else will have different needs but clearly DT'd Paydirt has more gold if that is what your after :)

I'll have a crack at DT's Pay Dirt in the near future as not to be bias and also to be supportive of an active forum member ;)

Clearly the contents are meticulously controlled in what and how much goes in but also Mbasko's perspective puts it in a nutshell!

Photos are not in order of processing but you get the drift :cool:

yass00_Au if you're worried about too much black sand in the bag for your kids then have fun processing the bag yourself then mix the gold in light sand for your kids to process easily and package it back up.
Jon

I would rather be kicking back in front of the campfire Jon on the bend of premium river frontage and letting the little guys have a crack in the river with the shovel, classifier and pan doing their own thing but current circumstances has it differently.

All good :)

Gotta love those gemstones Eurekaprospecting has in their bags. The gemstones down my way are generally just fragments (garnets on so on), or big Quartz based gems (quartz crystals, smokies, citrines) which fall out the back of the joper! Sadly amethyst doesn't run in the creek unfortunately! You do get nice sapphires, but they are rare and generally pretty small.

Good work to Eureka prospecting for putting in the effort of putting these bags together, they seem well worth it.

DT

Keep in mind all the gems and gold you see in my above post are from seven x 200g bags = 1.4kg of dirt just to make it clear.

Most of it comes from crushings by the looks of it as its coarse including the fines. There are a few bits that are water worn but mainly small gravel.

Will pan one bag in the near future and post it so there is perspective.

Off topic: In the macro pics of coarse pickers you can clearly see the gold still in matrix mainly ironstone but one of them stumps me? The picker closest to the bottom of pic clearly shows this piece embedded with pink, orange and reddish zircons or garnets? These little bits are numerous in the bottom of wash backs sitting in with the gold and black sands, interesting piece!

Latest posts