Public Access to Crown Land Maps

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi guys new to this forum
just wondering if anyone would like to swap some coordinates ,as i have found some small nuggets in the Pilabra West oz
looking for a spot in Northern NSW
1497488158_img_2695.jpg

1497488158_img_2715.jpg

feel free to email me.

Mod edit, no email addresses to be displayed in posts on the open forum as per the forum rules, please use the PM or email function

Cinnabar Mick said:
That's not true...they only have a licence to run their stock on Crown Land and pay a $500 fee per annum for the pleasure, nothing more nothing less!! Public can still access tracks thru these reserves to gain creek river access. They don't bloody own the land.

You may be able to access the public tracks, but you may also want read up on the prospecting rules again, walking a track and accessing a creek does not necessarily give you the right to fossick in it.

"Where can fossicking take place?
As a general rule, fossicking in accordance with the legislation can take place on any land, provided
that permission is obtained from the landowner or land manager
, except in National Parks where
fossicking is prohibited.

What consents/permissions do I need?
for private land the permission of the landholder;
for Crown land that is managed, controlled or under trusteeship - the permission of the
trustee or manager of that public or local authority
. To fossick on these lands the consent of
the appropriate authority (e.g. Land and Property Management Authority, Forests NSW, local
council, Livestock Health and Pest Authorities, Trustees of Commons) is required.
Information about the ownership or status of land can be obtained from local councils or the
Land and Property Management Authority. You can contact Forests NSW (a division of
Industry & Investment NSW) for information about State forest land;
for land held under a lease, licence or permissive occupancy under the Crown Lands Act
1989, the Crown Lands (Continued Tenures) Act 1989 or the Western Lands Act 1900 - the
permission of the lessee, licensee or occupant
. Information about the ownership and status
of land may be sought from local councils or the Land and Property Management Authority;

Cinnabar Mick said:
That's not true...they only have a licence to run their stock on Crown Land and pay a $500 fee per annum for the pleasure, nothing more nothing less!! Public can still access tracks thru these reserves to gain creek river access. They don't bloody own the land.
Yer that dont sound right to me :|
But Im sure you with know more than me .

G'day All

I have been playing around with several sites , they take a bit of playing with but provide valuable info
the main site for all enquiries google search
(1) "dept of mineral resources nsw"
(2) you should have the new state governments home web page
(3) scroll down and look for the MINVIEW icon download it
its interactive

(4) click on the visitor button accept conditions and you in
(5) on the left hand side you will see a select options , under minerals select gold
(6) select roads and rivers
(7) a selection button for national parks and state reservations so don't forget your fossicking licence application form
(8) lots of relevant reading can be accessed from the homepage, like the indemnification for private land holders who allow fossicker on their land fossicking districts rules and regulations

the other site is called six a spacial interactive brogan that was supposed to be the be all end all od government mapping but have not found much on
crown land google earth is another tool i use

happy exploring, but the gps coordinates are not accurate I have checked with the areas i have been to and have gps cordinates recorded

'

Latest posts