Proverbs for living.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While not strictly a proverb per se, it's still indicative of a damn good formulation for life. Given by none other than Winston Churchill after the rising of the House of Commons one night in 1946, it is an exchange between him and an MP from the other side of that House:

Bessie Braddock MP: Winston, you are drunk, and whats more you are disgustingly drunk.
Churchill: Bessie, my dear, you are ugly, and whats more, you are disgustingly ugly. But tomorrow, I shall be sober.

The past is history, the future a mystery, the present a gift.

Don't take life too seriously, you may never get out alive.

Keep in touch with your old friends for it isn't easy to make new old friends.

It is only when we leave our comfort zone that we stretch to our greatest potential.

Grab life by the balls - Dodge ball

Gpx5000 said:
You'll be nothing, you need a bomb up your backside!
Mr Thompson, my school head master.
Look at me now, retiring at 50, going to travel oz and prospect for gold.

Mr Thompson sounds like he went to uni with my Principal Mr Mcginnus, called me in on my 16th birthday and said I was free to leave :lol: I said thanks for the info obviously you know it's my birthday so I'll let you know first I'm enjoying my time here so I'll hang around a little bit longer :lol: he and I struggled within 50 metres of each other.

Don't waste time on those without time for you.

Not so much a proverb but some words of wisdom I was given by the head of the Apprentice Training School at AEC where I first started a trade. The first year I loved, heaps of variety and learning a lot, after that I was stuck with a bunch of dreary old shop floor workers and I was bored out of my brain and wanted to quit.

He sat me down and told me that if I quit now, I may as well have not lived for the last 3.5 years as I will walk away with nothing. I stayed and finished and am for ever grateful for his wisdom.

1558708289_21c3f757-82dc-45c0-a7da-133c0c7d1f19.jpg

Latest posts