Prospects dim for fossickers - The Age newspaper article.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No worries at all.

In the meantime everyone should email the Victorian Minister for Environment and Climate Change (Ryan Smith) expressing your concerns [email protected].

who was that VEAC report written by ?

18 year old first year uni student ?

pretty big jump from speculating to claiming a conclusion

do we have any bio - scientists among us who can poke holes in the report ?

can someone please list all known prospecting clubs and forums in australia including their contact details ?

ALSO , can anyone post photos of the collections of bullets , ring pulls bottle tops and other junk that they have removed from the environment while prospecting and post the photos here ?

thanks

Goldpick said:
I was so incensed by that interview, that I just had to write an email to the Greens office outlining how misinformed they are. The woman in the interview was Christine Milne, and regardless of any creative editing, she implies that sluicing is actually hydraulic sluicing from her description, or at least she wants the average joe to think so.

I'm sick of politicians putting up sensationalist spin for their own gain, at the expense of the average Australian. If she cannot get her facts right, she should not be in office.

..... It must be 100 years at least since Hydraulic Sluicing was banned in Victoria

casper

Hey Nugget

Good job!!

Does this get shared with other prospecting type forums and groups??

Bazz

The Minister for Environment and Climate Change (Ryan Smith) receives an email notification every time someone signs the petition :)

I've signed the petition and passed on the link to some of my friends who prospect (who are not involved in our forums) and they have already signed the petition also!

Adam

casper said:
Goldpick said:
I was so incensed by that interview, that I just had to write an email to the Greens office outlining how misinformed they are. The woman in the interview was Christine Milne, and regardless of any creative editing, she implies that sluicing is actually hydraulic sluicing from her description, or at least she wants the average joe to think so.

I'm sick of politicians putting up sensationalist spin for their own gain, at the expense of the average Australian. If she cannot get her facts right, she should not be in office.

..... It must be 100 years at least since Hydraulic Sluicing was banned in Victoria

casper

1401953200_sluicing.jpg

The person in the interview with the blond hair is NOT Christine Milne. Its Jenny Connor the Greens candidate in North East Victoria. She has not a clue about prospecting and proved that by her ill informed comment. The interview was heavily edited, and the segment showing a sluice in action was omitted. Don't shoot the messenger here.
You need to be careful when naming someone Goldpick, that you get the right person!!!
Petitions to the Minister are a total waste of time. Ryan Smith is so green its ridiculous, He has openly said that prospecting should be allowed, within one metre of any public toilet. In other words prospectors can dig shite.
If you want to stop the banning of sluices in Nat. Parks then get off your collective butts and do something about it. Talk to the media, put flyers in shop windows, lobby your local member. This is the thin end of the wedge. Once sluices are banned in Parks then they will continue to declare new Parks over Mining areas until there is nowhere to go. The next one to be proclaimed will cover the Woods Point, Aberfeldy, Jordan area.
I flagged this happening 15 years ago and people scoffed at the idea. Well now its happening.
The VEAC investigation did nothing more than flag the issue of sluicing to the greens who picked up the baton and ran with it.
Oh yeah, and if you think its only sluices that will be banned think again. The Victorian National Parks Association in their charter says that they will never allow prospecting or mining in National Parks. They will never stop until we are gone. Panning, sluicing, detecting or whatever.

My bad regarding the woman in the interview, regardless, if she is representing the greens in the area of concern, you would think she would be even more so informed on the subject. I guess channel 7 got the response they were after, regardless of all the parties concerned. :rolleyes:

Puddler Bill said:
The person in the interview with the blond hair is NOT Christine Milne. Its Jenny Connor the Greens candidate in North East Victoria.

Thanks for pointing that out PB, I've now updated the petition with the correct name. I tell you those girls could be twins separated at birth :lol:

Puddler Bill said:
The person in the interview with the blond hair is NOT Christine Milne. Its Jenny Connor the Greens candidate in North East Victoria. She has not a clue about prospecting and proved that by her ill informed comment. The interview was heavily edited, and the segment showing a sluice in action was omitted. Don't shoot the messenger here.
You need to be careful when naming someone Goldpick, that you get the right person!!!
Petitions to the Minister are a total waste of time. Ryan Smith is so green its ridiculous, He has openly said that prospecting should be allowed, within one metre of any public toilet. In other words prospectors can dig shite.
If you want to stop the banning of sluices in Nat. Parks then get off your collective butts and do something about it. Talk to the media, put flyers in shop windows, lobby your local member. This is the thin end of the wedge. Once sluices are banned in Parks then they will continue to declare new Parks over Mining areas until there is nowhere to go. The next one to be proclaimed will cover the Woods Point, Aberfeldy, Jordan area.
I flagged this happening 15 years ago and people scoffed at the idea. Well now its happening.
The VEAC investigation did nothing more than flag the issue of sluicing to the greens who picked up the baton and ran with it.
Oh yeah, and if you think its only sluices that will be banned think again. The Victorian National Parks Association in their charter says that they will never allow prospecting or mining in National Parks. They will never stop until we are gone. Panning, sluicing, detecting or whatever.

Why would a petition to Ryan Smith be a waste of time, he could be as green as a flying footy hanky in the middle of winter for all i care, it dosnt negate the fact that we all are standing together as ONE to put a stop to this attempt to strip us of our rights.
I feel for you mate, flagging this 15 years ago and not having anyone to back you up..............well now is YOUR TIME to be heard,we are all here to back you up and listen to what you have to say, so.........hit us with it........bring the noise.............do what you do..............spill ya guts........stand up and be heard, because if no one else is listening, PA members are. ;)

I am going to stand in the next state election against the major parties and the green cow in the vid. We will make a huge noise then.

Latest posts