"Prospecting" North Queensland.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi All
I have another couple for the list. also pay to detect.

Gilberton Station - Is located about 60km South of Forsayth & is accessed via the Kidston or Oak Park road, this is also a working cattle property that has been open for detecting for quite some time.
It is run by Rob & Lyn French, (07) 4062 5321

They also own Mt Hogan which is near by, that they open from time to time, both of these 2, have specific areas set aside for detecting.

In Forsayth there is a Caravan park, when you are staying at the park this gives you access to another property North East of town called Mt Talbot, the only way to access this one is to deal through the van park.

cheers
Lee

Mate it is good to see you have a wealth of information and knowledge of your local area and are only to kind to offer it to us on this forum.if i wasnt stuck in SA I would love to be up that way as I would give those areas a good look. On ya rc62

rc62burke said:
Hi All
I have another couple for the list. also pay to detect.

Gilberton Station - Is located about 60km South of Forsayth & is accessed via the Kidston or Oak Park road, this is also a working cattle property that has been open for detecting for quite some time.
It is run by Rob & Lyn French, (07) 4062 5321

They also own Mt Hogan which is near by, that they open from time to time, both of these 2, have specific areas set aside for detecting.

In Forsayth there is a Caravan park, when you are staying at the park this gives you access to another property North East of town called Mt Talbot, the only way to access this one is to deal through the van park.

cheers
Lee
thanks for that info lee very kind of you
mond gpx5000

rc62burke said:
Hi All
For some reason I can't see the edit post button?? I made a typo in the info for Dells Hole, there are NO facilities at the camp area.
cheers
Lee

I believe the EDIT function is only available for a certain time after posting. 1 hour if I remember correctly.

Ramjet said:
rc62burke said:
Hi All
For some reason I can't see the edit post button?? I made a typo in the info for Dells Hole, there are NO facilities at the camp area.
cheers
Lee

I believe the EDIT function is only available for a certain time after posting. 1 hour if I remember correctly.

Okay thanks that makes more sense!!
Any chance of making this post a STICKY for the benefit of all members.
cheers
Lee

Just waiting for confirmation from the other guys, probably the best place for it would be at the top of the gold detecting topic, where it has more relevance. :)

Did a few days at Western Creek Station late last year and it was very enjoyable. Only 1 specie was found as we were only there for a few days. Primo looking ground and the hosts were lovley!

Thanks for the info. Ten years ago a program I saw about this part of NQ stuck with me. I knew I would go there one day to Forsayth area. Now retired I am planning a trip for about June or July this year. Any info is welcome.

Dan

If you are looking to have a look around FNQ I suggest you try and find any old books written by Ion Iddress who prospected there around the turn of the century.
It is an interesting read however the books are hard to find, a bit like gold!
Look for the " Back of Cairns" and " The Tin Scrachers "
Enjoy
Scotty

We had nearly 4 months away last year detecting which included Western Creek which is good and the owners are really friendly. We spent time there last year and found nice gold, friendly fellow campers and great atmosphere. Planning another few months away this winter. The joys of being retired!! Hope to meet a few PA members again on the trip.

Hi Rc62Burke

Thanks for the info, have taken notes..
We are hoping to get up that way in the not so distant future..
Will be nice to see some of your country.

Jen58 said:
Hi Rc62Burke

Thanks for the info, have taken notes..
We are hoping to get up that way in the not so distant future..
Will be nice to see some of your country.

Hey Jen
Contact me when you know when you are coming up, more info to be passed on.
cheers
Lee

Thankyou Lee
Will do
I know it won't be this season..
We have a son up near Townsville, so we must make an effort again to get up that way.

Out of curiosity, are there any pay to detect properties in the golden triangle?

AusFX said:
Out of curiosity, are there any pay to detect properties in the golden triangle?

Sorry
Not that I know of..
I guess the best thing would be to ask the owner of the property.
Which I know... isn't all that easy sometimes.

Only know of a tour guide that takes you into the bush..

Well I found three

http://www.goldandrelics.com.au

http://www.goldprospectingaustralia.com/

https://www.facebook.com/WesternAustraliaGoldTours

Found another one :)
http://www.goldentriangletours.com.au/

Sorry Lee
Didn't mean to take it off topic..

Hi All
Just give this a bump, MODS what do you think about the request made earlier, there are a few people asking for info & that is why I put it up, so to have it easier to find would be good!!!!!!!!
cheers
Lee

Latest posts