"Prospecting" North Queensland.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi All
For those members interested in "Prospecting for Gold" in North Queensland, here is some information that may make planning any trip a little easier.
Located around Georegtown "Etheridge Shire" there are a number of properties that members of the public can access for the purposes of metal detecting & camping.

Access to these properties is by pay to detect, contact the owners for current pricing.

those are as follows,

"Western Creek Station" - Which is located about 20 km South of Georgetown, operated by Shirley Young & Geoff Brown, this is a working cattle property & has only been open to the detecting public since May 2014 so it is relatively untouched, there was some good finds here since opening.
There is a designated camping area which is huge & has toilets & hot showers for campers.

"Flat Creek Station" - Is located a further 13km South West of Western Creek on the same road, this is also a working cattle property run by Peter Henry, it has been open for quite some time but still produce good gold, there are toilets & hot showers at the designated camping area.

"Dells Hole Station" - Is located South West of Forsayth & is run by Kevin Young, this is also an operating cattle property, this property has been open to the public since 2011, there are no facilities at the camp, so you need to take in all water.

I will continue to add information here in the next week.
cheers
Lee

Thanks very much rc62burke - it will still be a little while before I can make the trip but I think a beer or two should be offered to you!

Thanx mate....what about dry blowing? On these properties...im not partial for swinging the beep stick. Lol :D

Hi All
For some reason I can't see the edit post button?? I made a typo in the info for Dells Hole, there are NO facilities at the camp area.
cheers
Lee

rc62burke said:
Hi All
For those members interested in "Prospecting for Gold" in North Queensland, here is some information that may make planning any trip a little easier.
Located around Georegtown "Etheridge Shire" there are a number of properties that members of the public can access for the purposes of metal detecting & camping.

Access to these properties is by pay to detect, contact the owners for current pricing.

those are as follows,

"Western Creek Station" - Which is located about 20 km South of Georgetown, operated by Shirley Young & Geoff Brown, this is a working cattle property & has only been open to the detecting public since May 2014 so it is relatively untouched, there was some good finds here since opening.
There is a designated camping area which is huge & has toilets & hot showers for campers.

"Flat Creek Station" - Is located a further 13km South West of Western Creek on the same road, this is also a working cattle property run by Peter Henry, it has been open for quite some time but still produce good gold, there are toilets & hot showers at the designated camping area.

"Dells Hole Station" - Is located South West of Forsayth & is run by Kevin Young, this is also an operating cattle property, this property has been open to the public since 2011, there are facilities at the camp, so you need to take in all water.

I will continue to add information here in the next week.
cheers
Lee

thanks rc62burke for your info thinking of a trip in april to western creek
I have never been up that way and im a 70 plus old guy lone traveller
minelab 5000 mond

rc62burke said:
Hi All
For some reason I can't see the edit post button?? I made a typo in the info for Dells Hole, there are NO facilities at the camp area.
cheers
Lee

Initial post now edited. :)

Hi All
I have a question for the Moderator team.
In view to trying to help out the people running these very rare "Pay to Detect" properties, will you allow me to put up the contact numbers here?? ( I have previously gained permission from them to do so) as they are keen to take any call from people wanting to visit their properties.
cheers
Lee

Lee
Thanks for the info....
We may get there one day ...
We are on the other side of the paddock....

Cheers Nanjim
Jim

Latest posts