Private Land on Goldfields Opportunity ???

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teemore

One foot out the door
Reaction score
The other day I noticed that someone was trying to set up a system whereby private property landowners in the Goldfields could sign up to offer detecting access to the general public ...... for a fee, percentage or some other arrangement regarding finds.

Spitting chips that I didn't save/bookmark it .......

Anyone else notice this ????? based on the crap/hurried (??) setup of the "site" it looks like something "borrowed" from the good old U S of A (Montana area rings a bell).

Would be an interesting concept expanding on (mainly) NSW & Qld areas where some owners allow tour operators access (for a fee of course) ...... not sure if anything similar is available in Victoria although I'm sure I've seen at least 1 operator indicating detecting on private property (his??).

Cheers T.

Love the idea, BUT and it's a big BUT, INSURANCE! :awful:

They'll need to discuss a liability waiver with their Solicitor otherwise one claim from an opportunist spraining an ankle or something else could bankrupt them, all because of a generous deed. :( Tragically there are members of society who will take every opportunity for financial gain from someone else and there are solicitors who will provide no-win-no-fee services supporting the low life who is hell bent on gain from someone else.

Australian litigation is becoming like the US, so tragically generous land owners will suffer, also if they charge a fee, no matter how small, then it becomes a commercial operation.

Events like Minerama that conduct guided tours on private properties would probably carry liability insurance to cover all aspects of the organised events, so the land owner is protected, but private arrangements are different.

If you have home insurance, you have liability built into the insurance so if someone slips on you property you're covered, rural properties are probably a different structure, but it needs to be checked carefully.

Many of us who are prepared to take responsibility for our own actions would love access like this, but it's the old 80-20 rule, 20% will take advantage :mad:

Dihusky said:
Love the idea, BUT and it's a big BUT, INSURANCE! :awful:
Many of us who are prepared to take responsibility for our own actions would love access like this, but it's the old 80-20 rule, 20% will take advantage :mad:

That was mentioned on the for want of a better word 'website.
Cheers T.

Found it ......
Believe it was copied straight from a US site.
Cheers T.

1605838384_7070b769-6e20-49ee-8228-72c677424909_1_201_a.jpg

yep very dodgey.
Reviews are also by the website owner.
One property wants $50 per head per day + 60% of what ever you find.

I'd imagine a lot of people taking up the offer would be wearing grandpa jocks and clown shoes

Jeez ..... you blokes are more inquisitive than me.
Who writes reviews in bloody Latin ......
As I mentioned early on ...... seems a rip off of a US site (that may, or may not be legit).
Anyway helps pass a bit of time ..
Aveagoodweekend Mr Walker

Yes, that is how a web designer might present a dummy page to a prospective client.

Maybe someone is either working on a website or a designer is touting for business.

Regards
Daniel :pickshovel: :goldpan:

Latest posts