Post Your Sweetest Images Here

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1548996085_b4818aaf-4e11-4e28-89d7-066c05848d26.jpg

Thanks Jaros, I'm rather happy with the new lense; like you say, the IS works its magic and it, for the most part removes the need for a tripod from what I can see at this stage. Can't wait for my next product shoot to see how it performs in that roll.
Cheers, SinHof.

SinHof said:
Hi Folks,
Recently purchased a new macro lens and as with most new toys you have to play with them to see how they work. There were a couple of bees buzzing about on a lavender bush in the front yard so decided to try some hand held shots to see how clever the image stabilizer performed, needless to say I was pretty impressed; f11@1/60th of a second for the photo buffs.
Cheers, SinHof.
https://www.prospectingaustralia.co.../972/1548994302_macro_bee_hand_held_100mm.jpg

Lovely image. I used to like macro photography when I was at school. An American art teacher taught me how to develop film etc. Good fun.

Yep, good fun Ramjet and thanks for the comment; film developing and printing is also great fun, so much so I'm seriously thinking about getting back into it given the amount of large format gear I have sitting about in cupboards, the darkroom won't take much to bring up to speed either, not sure on the price and availability of 5x4 inch sheet film these days though, more hobbies in progress.
Looks like we were posting at the same time, modern smart phones have come along in recent times in terms of their cameras, your shots are nice examples of what they are capable of.
Cheers, SinHof.

Hi STC, The weather will have to cool down a fair bit before this little black duck heads back to the gold fields, will just keep swinging the 3030 around the parks and beaches to keep the body in shape for the cooler weather, bring it on.
Cheers, SinHof.

They like picking oysters and mussels off the rocks. When I was working on a kingfish farm in Arno Bay a school of snapper i estimated to be 5 tonnes came through and picked every mussel off the ropes and fish farms. Wish I had a camera, the water looked pink.

Thats not the water outlet at the old port Augusta power station is it? Was about 20 years ago when I was there and seen plenty of big snapper and kingies just cruising .

RM Outback said:
Early morning Shepparton Vic it's the best time of day to be up and about, 3 hours in and the day is waking up :Y:

Are you me?

Sounds pretty identical to my average day; in the GV, out the door at 4:30 for work, could be 5:30 but I can get an hour of detecting in at the start of the day since I'm child wrangling at knockoff usually.

Latest posts