Possible prospecting bans coming in vic

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
See the link that Tathraj left up above, for those who live in victoria, if you have the time, pop into that place that is closest to you and voice your concerns face to face with the enemy, i cant get down, dont be afraid of em, give em a wack across the nostrils for me while your there!!!!

Too arms, too arms !
we've all got two arms
makes us in common
so come on join in
together we'll beat em
together we win
:Y: :mad: :Y:

This is also happening in Qld, the greenies are looking at closing down ALL state forrests to EVERYONE.

askmeagain said:
This is also happening in Qld, the greenies are looking at closing down ALL state forrests to EVERYONE.

We need a dislike option, that is disgraceful to say the least :N:

diggit said:
They really dont have any legitimate authority to do so.
But if it becomes law they can.
They are not lawfully allowed to charge for access permits either but they do.

Sorry if this is stoopid
Who is the enemy here.

The greens political party and or local governements/councils? or someone else.

I am not sure fom reading everything.

If it is people we voted in, lets VOTE the f#@ckers out.

askmeagain said:
diggit said:

Might be time to investigate lodging a Class Action given the decision makers have taken our money for upto a 10 year permit then decide out of the blue they don't want to hold up their end of the bargain :N:. Is there any members with sound legal knowledge who can advise if this approach is worth investigating. If an action is lodged would that enforce a stay of proceedings regarding final decision's. Just a thought after all there's a lot of money invested by prospectors once the permit is purchased.

I told you this was coming 2 months ago.I suggested signing petitions for prospectors to be able to prospect on private land in gold bearing gullies but I was rubbished, derided,even insulted by you fat ar..s. Well now you will get what you deserve.As for me I will be heading off to live on the WA goldfields.Over in the West men have more balls and politicians mind their manners.

RM OUtback.The miners right was only $25 but the outlay for a new detector which I bought in May was $1400 plus $1200 worth of camping gear which the camping stores have grown rich on,and the countless dollars to the petrol companies and take away shops.Bl..dy politicians are just eroding our rights every 3 months.Harder to get citizenship etc. Expensive taxi licences now halved in value,Melbourne property sold to Chinese investors so our kids have to rent,etc.etc. Time we woke up and got back our country.

It makes me wonder what these idiots think this will achieve ,They dont seem to realize or care about the affect this will have for the thousand of prospectors this will impact on never mind the amount of money that is generated into small towns from those Prospectors ,and also the jobs that could be lost from a BS proposal such as this ,If you think about it Minelab and all the other Detector manufacturers have employees and thats only a small part of it look at the number of people employed in the detector shops this would be hundreds if not thousands,the amount of money spent on equipment and all the additional businesses that make equipment for our hobby think about it you have manufacturers of COILS,COVERS,SLUICES,PICKS,GATORS,MAPS,TOUR OPERATORS,GOLD BUYS,PANS ,PUMPS,SCOOPS,GPS UNITS,CAMPING EQUIPMENT,and the list goes on, all this would be a massive lose in any economy and for what gain so that some dickhead in parliament can say look at me I am saving the bush and has never been in the bush and really dont care as long as they are seen to be doing something so the 300,000 a year salary can be justified,and dont get me started on how much junk we take out of the bush thats a hole new rant from me . YOU HAVE TO STAND UP FOR YOUR RIGHTS AND SAY SOMETHING GET TOO MEETINGS SAY THEY ARE WRONG AND REMEMBER IF THIS GETS THE GO AHEAD YO WILL HAVE A VERY EXPENSIVE STICK SITTING IN THE CORNER AND NOWHERE TO USE IT AND NO ONE TO BLAME BUT YOURSELF ,get your clubs your mates the forums your on to see your local MP hound them and keep Hounding them till this BS is beaten.
1500865147_index_flag.jpg
just my opinion.PP

RM Outback said:
askmeagain said:
diggit said:

Might be time to investigate lodging a Class Action given the decision makers have taken our money for upto a 10 year permit then decide out of the blue they don't want to hold up their end of the bargain :N:. Is there any members with sound legal knowledge who can advise if this approach is worth investigating. If an action is lodged would that enforce a stay of proceedings regarding final decision's. Just a thought after all there's a lot of money invested by prospectors once the permit is purchased.
Freida from The Outback Prospector is onto it. It is a senator that is proposing the bill, Special Wildlife Reserves which will not only affect prospectors but everyone, pastoralists, bike riders, beekeepers, timber cutters, nature lovers etc.

Does anyone have a list of shire's and electoral boundaries affected by this VEAC Investigation. If so can you please start a new thread listing all the above so it's a the top of the thread. With this info people could search their local and state representatives and hound them no end even after the VEAC submissions close. Without contacting these representatives on mass continually for a sustained periods of time I doubt the message will get through.

RM Outback said:
askmeagain said:
diggit said:

RM Outback - the "social contract" between the citizen and the state has long been broken. And the breaches always come from those in Government.

Exhibit A. The shifting goalposts on when you can access your superannuation and apply for an aged pension - depends on when you were born. When I entered the workforce a male could get a pension at aged 65 - I am in the group that now has to wait to 67. If I'd wanted to get early access to super by retiring early it was 55 20 years ago - now it is 57.

Exhibit B. There used to be provision under Common Law relating to riparian water rights whereby water was allocated among those who possess land along its path. Over the last 30 years particularly there have been numerous legislative efforts in many states in Australia shift to greater control to the States as well as separating land and water - hence the creation of the "market" to trade water. Great for the global and city water speculators. http://ags.gov.au/publications/legal-briefing/br90.htm

Exhibit C. The dog's breakfast of taxation in this country. If you could teleport Aussies from 100 years ago to today they would have a revolution at the assortment of taxes, levies, fees, rates, charges, permits, and other red tape bric-a-brack that serves to restrain, restrict, encumber and leech on a person and their property. You think you own your house and car (assuming you don't share ownership with a bank or finance company due to mortgage or financing)? Just see how long you "own" it if you don't pay your rates on your house or your compulsory car registration and insurance. You didn't have to have licences to fish and shoot or even prospect once (though they had to make some modifications after Eureka Stockade). That was the long-winded version of "Taxation = Extortion and Theft".

Latest posts