Polishing Chrome Motorcycle Forks

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Wondering if anyone has tips for polishing chrome forks.
Mine have mild pitting (following storage) which I'd like to remove and protect.
Any tips would be much appreciated.

i dont know if they still do it but there was 2 companies in NSW that would travel to your site and do onsite hardchrome repairs with electroplating but thats more practical for big mofo earthmoving equipment that gets a chip in the hydraulic cylinder rod , not really practical for motorskittle forks.

and i second the above of using steel wool to take the rust off.

or you can get fancy and use citric acid.

You could round off the sharp edges of the pit marks with a bit of 400 grit wrapped around a pencil so they dont shred the fork seals too , it might go for years like that without any issues.

Years ago when I raced classic motocross there was little trick where you fill the pit with superglue and rub it back, lasted for years and saved the fork seals.

I have used the steel wool soap scourers, just cheep ones from coles. Polished chrome bumpers, stainless trim moulds and went over all glass on older cars. It comes up a treat. Then just put some polish on after to keep it protected.

Latest posts