PM Coil information

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep... sounds like a good price to me.. which machine you running it on? If its a 4000-4500-5000 You will notice a difference from my results, I don't own the latest and greatest ML..

Hi guys ,

is anyone familiar with the scarab coils please. I am wanting to buy 18x12 for the 5000, and just wondering how they perform, cheers. Rob

G'day Rob, I haven't found any gold with my scarab, but it finds lead shot and runs smooth on the 4000.
Mal

rapta7 said:
Hi guys ,

is anyone familiar with the scarab coils please. I am wanting to buy 18x12 for the 5000, and just wondering how they perform, cheers. Rob

Mine is running on the GP Extreme.. not overly heavy, not overly sensitive.. does a decent job.. gets some serious depth on bigger stuff though..
1407625413_untitled.jpg

Cheers fellas, thanks for the info, price seems pretty good, might have to invest in one.
My finds are few and far between so cant do any worse. I am using the 16 nf round ,just need one to get in between
those ssmall shrubs without sacrificing too much depth, maybe that's why ive been missing the yellow stuff. thanks agen.

Hey Trommel

What sort of depths are you getting with the scarab please, ive gotten subgrammer at 2 and 3 inches, and tested on 112gram lead sinker at 600mm in sens extra,very clear,

very quiet on special fine setting...rx gain 8 mineralization quite high (WA)

I also tried it with the EMI filter from Link detectormods which made a slight difference , better than it was...still get the odd noise from some vehicles passing by..
and aeroplanes are a curse ..

Just wanting to compare as I am not sure if the figures are good or bad....cheers

rapta7 said:
Hi guys ,

hi mate
pretty sure p.m coils has closed shop and the bloke that was selling them is in hiding, so if the scarab buggers up no one will fix it.
regards trashy

Thanks Trashy

he must be hiding cos he was selling them too cheap..lol. will have to look after mine then.....very pleased with it at the moment . Rob.

trashmagnet said:
rapta7 said:
Hi guys ,

hi mate
pretty sure p.m coils has closed shop and the bloke that was selling them is in hiding, so if the scarab buggers up no one will fix it.
regards trashy

Yep its true ,,, asic listed and on the credit watch list ,,,
asic list them ,,,, insolvency ,,,

Just on FB thought I'd check in with PC Coils to see whether they are still around. Cant find anything to do with them - no Facebook, no internet site, nothing. Does anyone have any ideas. [I'd still like to investigate alternative coils for my ATX] TD

Do you mean PM Coils (PulseMate)?

If so, I thought they went out of business about 12 months ago, selling off the last of their stock for half-price on eBay, if I remember rightly, but their website is still up, so maybe I'm wrong:
http://www.pulsematecoils.webs.com/

Edit: PM Coils website seems to be an orphaned home page only.

I am pretty sure they went out of business.
There was a lot of speculation around about the owners, or one in particular, being involved in some less than desirable dealings.

I am pretty sure that these are the coils pennyweight (andrew overton) has been selling, if you do some research on him you may get your answer.
{his middle name might even be Brad}

I have a few of these coils. Pity they don't suit the ATX, as I was going to ask if I could pay you and send them to you. :cool:

Ah, GS, that might be the reason I couldn't find them. It will probably help if I call them by the right name. And the Brad thing, is that a reference to a moneyless business?

And NB, are the coils really that good?

Latest posts