Petition to save Trove.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Signed and below comment added.

"Im signing because Trove is a great historic learning tool and if it goes there will be a lot of children and adults who will loose access to a great deal of history. Also both sides of government are talking up increases in educational funding but they want to cut funding to highly educational sites like this. Its hard enough these days to find an old history book in the library but they will cut this link to historical data. Think about it boys???"

Hope we save this guys.

Cracka.

Don't usually get involved in this kinda stuff, but this time i had to...DONE.!

With comment below;

This is a veritable cauldron of Australian History that requires archiving for the access to future generations in this digital age. We are already losing too many 'books' of our heritage & progress through the ages, not to take action and retain this information.

Regards

Only 249 to go....

Gypsy

Really well done everyone, glad you all feel the same way, losing this type of resource would be a tragedy for us now and future generations.

Yeah Heatho, Great petition to get involved with. I have been trying to get hold of some old books from some areas of Southern NSW and one of them i finally found a second hand copy for sale only to find out it had been sold 2 days earlier ($60) and they cant find another copy. I have tried to find 1 with no luck. Asked at my local library (Sydney district libraries) and couldn't find a copy so they checked the libraries in that general area (Goulburn/Queanbeyan) and found 1. They organised an inter-library loan (cost $4-95) , now i have a scanned copy. Im trying to get books like these digitalised through the libraries so future generations who get the fever can still look up and study these areas. Hope we can stop this crap from happening.

Cracka.

Latest posts