peglegs sapphire adventure

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1448008283_4syenqnh.jpeg

1448008427_jzki7yw.jpg

Wow! Very nice amount of finds mate and decent size!! Its awesome seeing the color you guys get

Submit button and post reply are awful close on the phone and sound similar but one takes you to a new page and deletes your text.
:8

More variance in colour at bb yellows and green looking ones. I dont think any are cutters. Bigger red things I'm not sure about still look good though.

And that concludes peglegs Whirlwind 3 day fossicking adventure.

Came home Via ruby hill nice little place. Should have brought the brush cutter.
WPZeXM7.jpg

X6rNsUW.jpg

And some water :8 quick trip back into town to find a tap and we filled up a container and headed back.
It's always good to carry a first aid kit in the bush you never know when your going to get a hole in your bucket :cool:
DbN53Ei.jpg

After 2 days at Inverell I'd consider myself an expert fossicker now. Started digging soil and sieving it down then flipping it over.
Uhhh where the hell are all the gems? this is Ruby hill right?
ijIAlfC.jpg

Lucky for me there's phone reception at ruby hill and a quick search on prospecting Australia and I'd located the pay dirt.
msqnm3z.jpg

Here it is....coming out the bottom of the sieve :p I was expecting bigger gems

So I grabbed the gold pan and got to work found these little red buggers in the dirt heap in the photo above
R0y4Vlk.jpg

Time was running low so I concentrated enough dirt down to fill a 15L paint bucket to play with at home and it was back on the road again.

Looks like a great trip!! Got to love the three day whirlwind fossicking adventures -- I just wish we got to work less and dig more!

Thats awesome man!! I see you figured out upload too :)

Thanks heaps for sharing what the location looks like and the paydirt, I love seeing examples and what the surroundings are like where gems lay

posted that last one from home so it was easy.
I host the pics of site so I don't have to downsize the file to fit the forums requirements. I was just using the wrong link as I was unfamiliar with there app.

I need help i think I'm addicted. Soon I'll be pawning nannas toaster to get my next fix.

fF0HxlK.jpg

This is my favorite stone yet. Sky blue and clear as glass. Hard to photo it will try again when I'm home.
5sX8SJr.jpg

MGraJi1.jpg

Yep sure is addictive alright. Will hopefully get up to Inverell in a few weeks time. Got a trip half planned anyway.

Nice work Pegleg.

Latest posts