Pay streak detecting with AT gold??

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OzzyDigga

Rohin
Reaction score
Hey guys i was told that it is possible to detect pay streaks with the garrett AT gold, has anyone here had experience with this especially with a 18khz vlf or similar. The area i am going to i have found tiny flecks of flood gold behind plenty of boulders. is it worth while using? as none of the gold in the area is large enough to be detected on its own.

cheers

OD
:)

Even in flour gold areas there would usually be small nuggets in the vicinity / surrounds, cant say id be happy to detect areas that PI machines wont pick up the gold. You may however find gold with a VLF in rocks that the PI wont pick up as readily. I do have a 6inch DD 18khz that stays on my VLF if I ever need it....waterproof so would be possible to walk rivers and do as you say. I hope one day I stumble upon a reef where I can use the VLF.

However a wetsuit and snorkel may be a better alternative if that's what ur into. I can imagine a build up of flour gold may make a signal so in theory it would work, but I think most people would give up after the 30th piece of lead....have panned up many in my time that would have screamed on a machine as gold.

The Whites GMT has a " follow the black sand (amount of mineral)" reading. The theory behind this is if you can find & follow the black sand or mineral streak this is where the gold, if any, should be. I've heard of people using ground balance numbers to try & identify higher iron/heavies/mineralised concentrations. No detector will be able to pick up & follow a paystreak of tiny flecks/flour gold.
My advice is your time would be better spent learning to read the waterways & tracking the paystreak with that knowledge & a sample pan.
http://www.angelfire.com/ga4/orlandogpaa/StreamGold.html

Latest posts