Patch Finding Techniques?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Pete
Good to see you & the new Lady here, I checked out your vids on DWAG & again here, the information you provide is truly "Awesome" good onya mate & thanks, keep cleaning up the VIC fields, :cool: :lol: ;) ;) ;) ;) :D
cheers
Lee

yes and the funny thing is. @ mt hector that is what u need to find the gold there.

digging around my garden this afternoon we have stone on the driveway, so for the exercise i had a look at some rocks, i suspect they come from the quarry at Dryander. But who knows. This type if rock is also common at Dittmer, Romas peak and the Andromache. Gold has been found in these types out there.
1395392317_2014-03-21_18.51.22.jpg

Lee :) thanks for the welcome mate, much appreciated bro ;)
Rie (the better hlf) found her first detected gold last week so she is totally stoked.
It was a specie with only a pinpoint showin but when she cracked it at home there was
i think 9 separate little bits in it, she now believes in her 705 and is eager to get
her second blood :)
Man it was good to see her face smiling as she walked over with it in her hand...

GoldCheddar - I have found heaps of gold in the very same rock type, well not actually within it but where it
junctioned with Pegmatite full of shorl tourmaline, in the Adelaide hills it was one of the main indicators i
would search for, and the od bit of nice Beryl would show up close by too..

In another post I mentioned looking at some nice photos of the Construction of the Peter Faust Dam (Lake Proserpine) and the cut in the hillside where they placed the spillway, there is a lovely example of what we look for here, our gold appears in veins, then those veins and quartz drop incredibly deep, this one is buried forever under the spillway, hence me finding all the elements yesterday in my samples, iron, pyrite, chalcopyrite, and gold dust. I have a real feeling about Happy Valley, that is the way the water naturally sheds, from Dittmer, and is about 5-10 kms from Dittmer. Really interesting. I am enjoying the research and theory then checking it out. However there is an old story I m checking out on the Dam side in relation to the Proserpine Homestead that is not in watery grave. I would consider prospecting along the shoreline of the dam.

Hey Goldchedder
Your talking about Mt Hector out of Mackay right?? I have some exploration reports that you may be interested in for that area, send me a pm with your email & I will send you the info, do you have access there? I had a look at it for another guy.
cheers
Lee

no i m not. i m actually a woman LOL. Currently studying in prep for undergrad studies in Geoscience and Petroleum/chemical Engineering. And thought prospecting might be an educational hobby for me and the kids.

Latest posts