panning at a garage sale

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LoneWolf said:
If Im correct the 3rd and 3rd last and 2nd last could and I use that loosely... Cinnabar on Quartz and Galena and Cinnabar . Cinnabar is Mercury Sulphide.. Galena has a 'Garlic-ish' smell to it....Both are on the Top 10 most toxic Minerals list .... Best stored in an air tight display case and Not Handled.... 6 is Gypsum and 8 is Garnet... Better pics would/could help...
I have lots of the display boxes here if you want one or two.... Nice score there Steve... :Y: Wash your hands after handling them too....

Stick the new pics in the Gemstone and Mineral section.. ;)

LW.....
It is rather a lot and a number are too out of focus to determine, but some are quite interesting, I can see a Desert Rose (gypsum), galena, garnet, feldspar, aragonite?, spodumene? and many other things - one really interesting one might be concretionary pyrite but is too out of focus to tell. You need to re-photograph those that are out of focus and tell us the hardness, streak etc of as many as you can determine.

Latest posts