Out 'n' About With The CTX3030

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That cricket buckle is something special,it is a shame about the rowing one

I am sure you will find something special if you persevere

Good luck

Don't know, same with my 1820's Eagle US Navy buckle ending up on a hill top in the middle of nowhere - keepsakes from the US I guess.

Oh what a day ... :awful:
This is about 3 hours worth of rubbish i detected today
1558858730_img_8891.jpg

I did get rewarded with $47 in goldies though ;)

If only the public could see the amount of junk we clean out of these parks/public places. $47 I think is a just reward. :Y:

On the older sites the good stuff is deeper, so removing the shallow junk can unmask targets. On more than one occasion I have dug out the rubbish only to find a coin under it. Cheers.

That type of rubbish, cans , bottle tops etc can fool the best discriminating detectors . Days like that are frustrating but you get days where plenty of targets are good . You got the trash , I bet if you go back you might get your treasure.

There are a few factors to consider, especially at a new site
What are you looking for ? Recent drops ? Pre-decs ? Is it an old area ? .... do you even know the history?
What is the site telling you ? How much iron is hidden ? How many ring pulls,pull tabs,bottle tops are visibly scattered EVERYWHERE !?
How much time do you have? Will you be able to come back ? Is it worth the effort ?
What frame of mind are you in?
All these , and a lot more !
So it just depends on the day whether i use a little , a lot or nearly no discrimination.
And that can change even in different bits of the same site.

After speeking with Sinhof the other night ,about a little spot i have been wondering about, i decided to check it out this morning
Well that was the plan at 0630, but at about 3 mins out , the phone rang ..... call-out job :rolleyes:
Talk about impeccable timing 8.(
Ok , so i got back to the site at lunch time :)
Heres a sneak peek
1559375290_img_8892.jpg

Will post better pics when i can get them in some daylight
1559375398_img_8895.jpg

Not sure if its gold or just gold plated :(
1559375465_img_8897.jpg

Latest posts