Out 'n' About With The CTX3030

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, that's the best results that I have seen, in a very long time! Sandta can pull silvers from stone lol Awesome bullhead!

Fabulous hunt Sandta, I think I am doing good with just a couple of silvers. :D The George IV sixpence is also a beauty, definitely on my "to find" list. :)

I went to Sydney on saturday to meet a second cousin after learning of him recently.
A very interesting old man with many similar interests to myself .
Naturally i wasnt going to pass the opportunity to swing my coil over some new ground.
I found a small park and had not long started when a passer bye wished me luck, telling me that detectorists regularly visit the area.
Not to be detered .... i thought outside the box ;)
(I did try the obvious areas but only managed the 50c piece)
1508054350_img_8236.jpg

The 10c and lion charm were surface finds.
Ive only just finished cleaning the finds 20 mins ago.
This was my first surprise
1508054667_img_8237.jpg

These things arent new to me , ive found plenty in the past , i just thought these were bigger.... until i cleaned them and spotted the writing
1508054852_img_8238.jpg

But that isnt the only significant thing i found....
This comm half penny got my heart racing twice !!
First i thought it was a 1923 :eek: ye right ... as if ... no one ever finds them ;) :lol:
But then realised ... it is different :eek:
1508055602_img_8239.jpg

1508055630_img_8240.jpg

It is a bit difficult to capture on camera , but its silver :)
Presumably only silver plated but its definitely silver
Has anyone got any idea why this would be ?

Hmmmm Yes I have heard of Silver Pennies before on Facebook I think it was a week or two ago.....One of the blokes on there found a Edward VII Silver Half Penny, someone mentioned it may have been coin art?
Really is an awesome find and can only imagine the story behind it. :) :Y:

Weigh it up Sandta.
What if it is the weight of a 92.5% silver shilling ,.... only Y O U could be so lucky mate ! :Y: :cool: :Y:

Took another drive yesterday to hunt an area ive been researching for a while
, only to discover that access is not possible anymore :( :N:
Having been disappointed previously under similar cicumstances , i made sure i had a plan B .... (had a C & D too , just in case ;) )
Well to say im pretty happy would be a bit of an understatement :p
1508642828_img_8241.jpg

Its not often we can pull out that amount of goldies ..... unless your name is Heatho :lol:
Even managed a few PD's from a little corner area
1508643025_img_8242.jpg

The ring is just a junker mood ring :N:
But the little blue bird turned out to be silver :D
1508643139_img_8243.jpg

Your in the zone there Sandta.
Nice hunt, n nicer silvers !
:Y: :cool: :Y:

Christmas has come early Sandta :party: that is brilliant and some silvers :lol:

I can even see the place for the junker mood ring in your phenomenal amount of finds with your mood bursting,I bet the ring was smoking red hot.

Fantastic result being hard to beat unless my new spot pays off starting this week :p

Fantastic effort :Y:

Too good :)

Latest posts