Out 'n' About With The CTX3030

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A nice cool overcast day today was enough to encourage me to head out to a spot i have been researching over the past couple of weeks
the site has quite a bit of age to it ,although the majority of the finds didnt reflect the fact , i had a great hunt and some nice finds
1482044551_img_7727.jpg

1482044609_img_7728.jpg

A few badges
1482044658_img_7732.jpg

1482044691_img_7731.jpg

Not sure what this was is.... ?
1482044731_img_7730.jpg

This was definitely the prize of the day :D
1482044872_img_7729.jpg

Wow, your research well and truly paid off, despite expecting some older finds. That older shilling is in particularly good condition, not to mention the penny/hp count. :)

That is the hunt of the month :eek: 8) those silvers look in amazing condition, Nice job Sandta :cool:
Double florin coin of the month? :D
The squashed souvenir I've found two so far, keep them guys, I found the big banana and the harbor bridge :D :lol: I've been meaning to find out if the machine is still there to do them

Some really nice silvers there Sandta, great hunt. The badges are very cool too, nice reasearching on that spot.

Haven't been out for over a week myself, really keen for a swing. Hopefully tomorrow.

Thanks fellas.
It was good to finally get out n about for a few hours
Has been so bloody hot out here , and the ground is like concrete
A few days of rain followed by a cool overcast day was just the ticket.
I think there is still more potential to this spot , however will need to get permission to hunt on adjoining properties
I did get another lead too ... just as i was packing up a bloke turns up to see what i was up to.
I showed him my finds , which surprised the hell out of him .then he told me he had a photo of this spot so followed him back to see it.
The photo shows just how big this spot was back in the day.
Then i saw another photo of another spot near by that will definitely get some attention as soon as time and conditions allow
In the meantime ..... more research ;)

Hi Sandta,
Great to see you are out and about again, wondered where you were and what you had been up to, fab finds, the cooler weather is also welcome down here on the coast too, a few decimals from beach and parks is all I have picked up of late very slow going.
Cheers, SinHof.

Great hunt mate, well done. Quite a decent haul.

After last nights celebrations I'm not feeling so great, thought of detecting right now makes me feel a bit off. :D

G'Day Sandta,
Great way to start the new year with that haul mate, keep that up and the spends jar will over load pretty smartly.
Cheers, SinHof.

Latest posts