oppo mobile phones

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markgoldhunter

mark johnston
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am about to update my phone to bring myself into the 21st century. I don't want to spend a lot of cash and don't require a lot of tech crap I will never use, but I want a good camera memory and battery life. in at officeworks they have an oppo A53s for $235, it has 128gb memory, 5000mh battery, 4gig ram and android 10 operating system [whatever that means ]. Has anyone had an oppo who could tell me if they are user friendly or not and reliable. Cheers Mark.

Hi. I have one its been great, easy to use , one battery charge lasts me over one week.

Thanks Marksman and Jangles that is good feedback and gives me the confidence I was looking for. Cheers Mark. :)

Thanks Dihusky, some new phones battery only lasts a day and a half from the start so I think that's pretty good. I am not really up with tech stuff, but why do you run 2 sims.

markgoldhunter said:
Thanks Dihusky, some new phones battery only lasts a day and a half from the start so I think that's pretty good. I am not really up with tech stuff, but why do you run 2 sims.

I have a company phone for the day to day, so before the company phone arrived this gave me the option of having a phone with my private number and the work number, saved carrying two phones around.

so 2 phones with different numbers in 1 phone, that's what I thought might be the reason. very handy.

Oppo phones were over the last few years (untill the new Apple 12 and Samsung s21 ultra ) pretty much been leading the way. Build quality is good cameras are great operating system is easy to get use to.
Good bang for your buck. My mate has been using his oppo for 6 years now, still going.
Huawei phones were super, however google put a stop to their services so now Oppo have taken full advantage.
Google pixel ok good camera , operating system..
Plenty out there but Oppo is the go for the buck.

Cheers thanks Skip. Bought one on Tuesday, still finding my way through it but happy so far.

Hey mate what model phone did you buy? I'm using an Oppo find X2 Pro and love it. Super camera 12 gigs of ram and 512mb of storage. Awesome phone.

Chinese owned & made.
IMO not a bad thing these days (if you can put political opinion aside :argh: ), a lot of products are made there.
Some Chinese electronics are right up there in innovation & quality. Other examples are Avantree audio products & Reolink security products.

And all your info goes direct to China ... I would never trust them, can You? :argh:

Just like a Google phone... But at least Googs admitted that... :|

LW...

I have an Oppo R15Pro and never had any problems with it. Oppo have a service centre in Sydney and are very good to deal with.

I ended up buying an oppo A53s for $380. and to date am pretty happy with it. As I have said before I am a tech Neanderthal but this thing is fairly user friendly has heaps of stuff I find interesting, but will probably never use, however takes good photos easily, gets good signal reception, has 128g storage, version 10 android and you can also make phone calls with it. So we shall see how long before it starts to misbehave. Cheers Mark.

Latest posts