On Behalf of "Ducks"

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tathradj

Doug
Reaction score
Small error Mate but here you go, :)

Hi all, New at this, but lets see if I am entering OK: As a new member and also a novice at the given subject "Gold Detecting" The question is whilst I have never been involved in the subject matter I will require a detector:

My thoughts are whilst I am a total beginner I believe purchasing an el-cheapo detector as a starting point would be a waste of money, should I look at something around the $500 to $800 mark, even if all goes wrong looking at what second hand units go for one may as well purchase new at the start, this now raisers the next question What machine???.

Looking through your forum pages I note the Minelab X-Terra 705 Dual pack seems to rate quite high, but having said this I am wide open to suggestions.

A point of interest that may have a bearing on machine type could be my location and where I would be looking at most, I am located in the Albury area and would not be using it around to many beaches?

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Ducks.

Sometimes your first investment can be your cheapest!
And it dose come back to an individuals hip pocket.
There are heaps of budget detectors 2nd hand available cheap.
But if you fork out the extra for eg an SDC.... chances are you will get more gold!
Fact!
Hence you keep it and use it more often.... yada yada..more gold....
If its not your style and you wish to sell it....
Resale of an SDC is very good compared to other inferior units.
Fact/ opion? ??
Fact I think hey.
My 2c worth.

As I mentioned in the original thread, many, many beaches around Albury, all frequented by cashed up, drunken campers wearing shorts.
Well worth a detect.

Latest posts