on a budget!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I spent a couple of hours at Georgetown (unsuccessfully!) the other day, (had to go there for work) and realised I was lacking any real digging gear. So, a trip to Bunnings, and I have picked up a plastic scoop, small mattock, and folding shovel for under $25. Now I don't think the shovel is going to last all that long, a bit flimsy, and perhaps the mattock will turn out to be a bit too light, but all will be easy to carry! The thing that surprised me....no sieves! obviously gardeners don't get that fancy these days!
Anyway, for a 'first kit' I was quite pleased with my purchases.

Hey mate. If you have an Anaconda up there, check them out. The ones down Brissie carry seives and pans plus some minelab detectors.

Nothing wrong with working to a budget. I've made/modified a few of my own tools.
1425190537_1369441374_tools2.jpg

wadeo said:
Hey mate. If you have an Anaconda up there, check them out. The ones down Brissie carry seives and pans plus some minelab detectors.

I'll probably check then out at the miners den in Cairns, I was just surprised that Bunnings dont sell them!

I love my US army folding shovel, but its overkill, a bit intimidating for parks. I have a bunnings trowel, which I sharpened on the grinder, not bad for 7 bucks. I would like a proper leishe/garret digging tool, but they are so expensive in Australia.

Latest posts