Old salt taking up a new hobby

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DeathKiss said:
Aggro said:
DeathKiss said:
this post it`s a bit awkward .....
could`ve comment on other posts and come up with real answers..... meh .... my thoughts ...
Your thoughts are appreciated, however I have no real answers. That's why I'm here. :)

plenty of non related prospecting posts ...just saying :)

Welcome on board , when are you leaving LOL :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Yeah righto mate, your awesome. Well done.

Hey detector choice is difficult, A serious gold machine and a serious beach machine are different it sounds like you may need 2 machines,
The sdc2300 would be a great choice for a gold machine and it can also be used for salt water but it is a PI machine which means you will be digging all targets, bottle caps, bobby pins and junk so if the beach you wish to do is full of junk you will get frustrated quickly, even if the beach looks clean it's not, hidden junk everywhere.
May be worth booking a detector course to learn more about the machines and how to use.
Best of luck with your decision

B5MECH said:
Hey detector choice is difficult, A serious gold machine and a serious beach machine are different it sounds like you may need 2 machines,
The sdc2300 would be a great choice for a gold machine and it can also be used for salt water but it is a PI machine which means you will be digging all targets, bottle caps, bobby pins and junk so if the beach you wish to do is full of junk you will get frustrated quickly, even if the beach looks clean it's not, hidden junk everywhere.
May be worth booking a detector course to learn more about the machines and how to use.
Best of luck with your decision

Thank you B5MECH, that's a great idea. I wouldn't have even known that there would be courses. I'll look in to them now.
2 machines might be the go. They could sit next to my 30 fishing rods, LOL. My wife still doesn't understand why I need more than 1 fishing rod. :lol:

I'm not sure who would run the best course but If I were you I'd take a holiday to do a course down VIC way, GOLDEN TRIANGLE TOURS maybe, more a chance of coming home with your first nugget, but I think they are mostly minelab training but I'm not sure on that. I think it is run by CENTRAL WEST PROSPECTING SUPPLIES, All serious prospecting shops should have training courses running. It took me a while to decide on my first detector but it is a way to pay for a higher end machine later down the track.

Latest posts