Oallan Ford Yay or Nay?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Guyz,

I am planning my next trip and fro a change I want to go south. (I live in Sydney)

Oallen Ford appears to be pretty popular - is it worth the trip down or has it been flogged to death?

Is there any other areas south that people would recommend - I don't want to drive any further than Canberra.

Jukey.

Back Creek is correct, always some colour there. Like anywhere else, if you are prepared to walk and explore a bit, and think about what the gold might be doing when the river is in flood, you can do a little better.

Thanks DrDuck and backcreek,

I will report back with my findings.

It be good just to check out a different area of NSW!

Jukey.

If you get a chance try and get to the PA "Forde" outing on the 22/23 November. You will gain enough knowledge from the trip to make the area consistently produce gold for you. ;)

Cheers Wal.

Jukebox said:
Thanks DrDuck and backcreek,

I will report back with my findings.

It be good just to check out a different area of NSW!

Jukey.

Ill be at the PA meet so we can find out if the Gold is better there or at Windeyer! lol So make sure you come along!!

Keen as to get out there,

Put me down as coming.

Just gonna tee up work and I am there.

Twapster its been too long between gold hunts - if it is anything like Windeyer again it will be an awesome weekend.

Jukey.

Latest posts