Nundle. what a day!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dirttreasure

Billy Walsh
Reaction score
Today I followed the Peel river, with my detector ,for kilometers! No luck? Lots of bizarre pieces of wire though that didn't discriminate as ferrous??? Oh I also snapped my pin pointer! Boooo! I had to check things the old fashion pass it by my detector method. I also forgot to charge my new isaw ace camera, so I was talking to myself for hours, but not recording anything? There was a highlight to the day though! I had the best meal I think I have ever eaten from the peel in hotel. Spectacular!

Bummer with the pro pointer! :(
Still a bad day walking a river beats a good day at work!
Not sure with the AT Pro but know my Whites GMT will sometimes not give me the "grunt" on small pieces of wire + small flat bits of steel but they still read high on the iron scale. (The GMT "grunts" on iron when a trigger is used to discriminate).
A lot of gold prospectors will tell you to "dig all signals" anyway.

dirttreasure said:
Today I followed the Peel river, with my detector ,for kilometers! No luck? Lots of bizarre pieces of wire though that didn't discriminate as ferrous??? Oh I also snapped my pin pointer! Boooo! I had to check things the old fashion pass it by my detector method. I also forgot to charge my new isaw ace camera, so I was talking to myself for hours, but not recording anything? There was a highlight to the day though! I had the best meal I think I have ever eaten from the peel in hotel. Spectacular!

good weather . good exercise . good food .

happy days

good luck with some yellow when you go back !

Thanks guys. I did forget to allude to the fact ,that I still had an awesome time. I have set my at in pro mode zero, so I am digging everything. Normally my iron audio will give that low grunt, but it is not so with these pesky pieces of metal?

i never used an AT but thought i would mention a story about an experienced detectorist from VIC who got a screamer of a signal and dug up the top edge of half of a 44 gallon drum and walked away without going any further , then he heard about a guy working that same gully afterwards who dug out the whole drum , pulled it out of the ground and checked under it with the detector again and came up with " only " 200 ounces .

hence people say dig every target , and check the hole again before you fill it back in , and take the trash out with you and pop it in the recycle bin

i heard that story from the guy who missed it about 4 years ago ( and cant remember in fact if it was 200 ounces or 500 ounces that was found )

What a great story. For that exact reason I keep digging every hole ,until there is no more noise. I found a lot of those pesky wires in one hole. It is sad that people don't carry out their trash. Up here in Nundle, I have noticed a lot of holes that have been dugout, but not filled in? Disappointing for those that are doing the right thing?

Just goes to show you don't need to find gold to have a great day. More memorable moments in that day than most "Couch Potatoes" have in a year. Enjoy the rest of the trip mate, and don't fall onto your metal detector. Wouldn't want to go overboard on the "memorable moments" thing.

Cheers Wal,

It is mate - hard to understand. Holes are a lot easier to fill than dig & if you take the junk as you go its easier next time you run over the same area - I'll sometimes do one spot two or three times with different settings, different approach etc. especially where I've found something.

I can see that from your quote, " be optimistic and thorough!" I agree entirely. I went over my local park, after learning how to use my detector properly, and found 20 coins in an area about the size of an average house .While I'm here in nundle I am checking those said holes, and filling them is as I go. I can see why " Nundle guy ," is so upset.

Do you two also have non productive days? When I say non productive I mean, not finding a thing? Every day outdoors is productive! Your videos make it seem like you are treasure gods?

dirttreasure said:
Thanks Wal you champion. Still had an awesome day. Where are you and Liz of to next?

You're probably not going to like this Billy, but I'm going to be packing the "Troopie" and heading over to Halls Creek in the Kimberly for two months chasing nuggets with a mate who's already over there. Should be leaving in about 4 weeks and get back mid to end September.

Will keep you informed while over there and should have a couple of entertaining vids when we get back. Good luck on the creek tomorrow mate.

Cheers Wal.

The kimberley's! Oh! That is so unfair. Rub it in why don't you. back to work on tuesday for me! Looking forward to the vids though.

P.s got a feeling, call it almost intuition, that you are going to find the biggest nugget in the history of walnliz. Looking forward to how Liz would react to a MEGA NUGGET!

Nothing wrong with that wal! I think that's why I find your videos so entertaining. I love when she leaves you to dig those big holes, while she goes for lunch.

Totally of the topic wal, but mystery parents live in Canberra, and they still can't, for the life of them, figure out why all the number plates begin with Y, do you know why? Just so that I can pull my poor old dad out of his misery?

That should have been " my" parents? They are not a mystery? Stop pre- emptively guessing what I'm trying to type Samsung tab!!!

You can use the edit button to fix up your spelling within 24 hours of making the post :p

Latest posts