numpty's finds with an old coinmaster 5000D

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it should be a good spot but im sure someone would have been there, it was plenty busy back in the day! ;).

i cant wait to get my next detector, something that goes a little deeper, im sure there must be pre dec's there but some of the coins im digging there are 6 inches deep so i dont think the old coinmaster will reach them.

Nice Numpty, you will be amazed how quickly the goldies pile up I know i am ;) , you'll get onto some pre decs in no time, only advise i could give is grid an area and the reason i say this is that if i didn't do it i wouldn't have the pre decs i have as all of mine have been scattered long distances from each other and if i wondered aimlessly i would of missed them, I think another thing that will determine the amount of pre decs is how populated was the town in the past. If you can get some historical pictures from your area and line them up with your local knowledge and google maps this can help immensely, it has myself. There are places here that are currently bush but weren't 100 years ago :cool:

Havinago said:
Nice Numpty, you will be amazed how quickly the goldies pile up I know i am ;) , you'll get onto some pre decs in no time, only advise i could give is grid an area and the reason i say this is that if i didn't do it i wouldn't have the pre decs i have as all of mine have been scattered long distances from each other and if i wondered aimlessly i would of missed them, I think another thing that will determine the amount of pre decs is how populated was the town in the past. If you can get some historical pictures from your area and line them up with your local knowledge and google maps this can help immensely, it has myself. There are places here that are currently bush but weren't 100 years ago :cool:

i did do the random walk around here :8, i wanted to hunt around the waters edge but was too steep where i was, there is plenty of river here a was very busy in the day. lots of hunting ground here so im going back to clean up. :D.
thanks for the tips mate.

Ramjet said:
Nice hunting. Not all pre decs will be deep. Depending on soil type etc. I have found plenty of surface pre decs or just below the surface. They will pop out when you least expect it :D

Too true, my current site has 1800's pre-decs sitting anywhere from just under the surface down to 8-9" deep. The larger coins are relatively shallow, whereas the small silvers tend to work themselves a fair bit deeper.

Riverbanks are a great spot to find pre-decs Numpty, I guess entertainment back then was limited to watching the ducks swim by, or skimming stones across the water. ;)

went out today for 4 hours to the same place and done very well, no pre dec's and my backs stuffed but im still happy.
$45.24 i think i counted. got a couple of lures, Lady's watch, cheap bangle, couple of tags, cone, eyelet and assorted rubbish.
And a silver necklace :).
sorry about the picture quality, my phone's camera is playing up, iv'e taken so many pix and this is the best i can get.

Goldpick said:
Cripes, that was a good haul, decent sized silver chain too, you must be happy with that result. :)
im stoked mate, the chains not to bad probably around 6mm width links, 925 you beauty!.

silver said:
Steep curve on the up n up numpty. :eek: :D 8) :eek: :D
soo well done on that score ! :p 8) :D
yeah its looking good mate, going back with AR soon.
i dont expect to have another day like that for a while.... well maybe not till the weekend ;)

Latest posts