numpty's finds with an old coinmaster 5000D

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
im sure all the digital ones will make sounds that im not to keen on so i'll just have to get used to it.

yeah will come over your way soon mate thanks.

theres some interesting old bullets around thats for sure, i scored a few old rare rim fire pistol rounds last year, had them given to me :)

numpty said:
have been out with AtomRat and the ace 250 he was kindly loaned by a member and he rips around with it thats for sure, it sort of gave me the shyts listening to it though :8 , it did seem like a good detector, Atom showed me how easy it is to use the pinpoint button and i thought that was really good.
i dont know anything else about them but for $450-$500 new it seems like good value.

I picked one up for $120 2nd hand.

Ramjet said:
numpty said:
have been out with AtomRat and the ace 250 he was kindly loaned by a member and he rips around with it thats for sure, it sort of gave me the shyts listening to it though :8 , it did seem like a good detector, Atom showed me how easy it is to use the pinpoint button and i thought that was really good.
i dont know anything else about them but for $450-$500 new it seems like good value.

I likey a lot. :eek: :D

Another detector that be may worth looking into is the Fisher F44, hell of a lot of features for a budget detector and for the money, water resistant, large backlit screen, ground grab/manual ground balance, adjustable iron audio, target ID's, only takes 2 AA's, etc etc.

Pricing sits inbetween the Ace 250 and EuroAce, though should offer more depth over both due to having ground balance ability. Will also take any of the goldbug pro coils or greek series DD coils, and also NEL coils for those models. $530 plus free shipping

http://www.fisheraustralia.com/collections/metal-detector/products/fisher-f44-metal-detector

1453263050_images-8.jpg

Ramjet said:
numpty said:

that awesome mate, good buy.

Goldpick said:
Another detector that be may worth looking into is the Fisher F44, hell of a lot of features for a budget detector and for the money, water resistant, large backlit screen, ground grab/manual ground balance, adjustable iron audio, target ID's, only takes 2 AA's, etc etc.

Pricing sits inbetween the Ace 250 and EuroAce, though should offer more depth over both due to having ground balance ability. Will also take any of the goldbug pro coils or greek series DD coils, and also NEL coils for those models. $530 plus free shipping

http://www.fisheraustralia.com/collections/metal-detector/products/fisher-f44-metal-detector

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/1695/1453263050_images-8.jpg

thats a pretty good option with the change of coils and ground balancing.

will put this on the list, thanks Goldpick

Click on the below link for the 705 instruction manual (very top link on that page), page 11 shows all the screen icons and what functions they relate to.

The main difference between the 705 and many other VLF detectors on the market is the use of a -8 to 48 conductivity scale vs the more commonly seen 0 to 99 scale. Personally I prefer the latter, all depends on what you are used to.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=15568

had a quick night hunt tonight, took my $5 head lamp with me and it works great.

dont know what it is with 20 cent pieces but i got 5 of them tonight and no other coins, got 3 last night from the same spot.

not much to show but i did find a ring, i dont think its anything great but its my 1st one :) :cool:, will give it a clean and see what it is, my guess its copper :eek:.

Congrats on the first ring Numpty, and your doing well on the twentys, still need to come across some of those fives though hey, at least you know your not missing rings, even if it may be a copper one as a first.
All you need do now is walk over the right spors and you know at least that you shouldn't miss anything at all.
$1 is still $1 ,...don't matter how it comes ! ;) :D

thanks Silver, this spot has mostly 20's so far?, got a goldie from there too but only one.

yeah you're not wrong the good old 20's saved me tonight, better than going home with zip :).

here's a picture of the ring, no markings on the inside " the plumbers tools were too big :D " im sure the next one has to be better cause this is very average!

Lol @ your last comment. I've found a couple o rings similar mate, in your way so could have been popular, mabey a market item. A few 20c coins are better than none indeed, that's 6 good signals for a dig mate :) Night swinging is fun hey! Be careful still

Latest posts