Nugget Finder Mono 8x6 Sadie Coil

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mystyk59

Bill
Reaction score
I was talking to Graham McMahon from the NT association today about coils,in particular Nugget finders and he was telling me that reports were coming in from all around that the 8" sadie was punching a hell of a lot deeper than a coil that size should. No one is sure why. Just wondering if anyone on the forum has one and if so have they had the same experience :cool:

I have a Sadie, I can't say that it goes deeper, but it sure does work well finding gold.

I've found heaps of info on most of the coils for the GPX 5000, but haven't found anything on the 8-6 Nugget finder.
Under what conditions should I use this over my 11 mono and 11DD, and what settings are good with it?

Thanks in advance for your help! :D

Hi Goldfinger,

I love the little 8x6 NF! Found it great for going over small targeted areas and tailings piles. Not only does it have great sensitivity, it can squeeze into most areas where the larger coils cannot. I figured it would be great for bedrock crevice areas also.

I just ran mine in Fine Gold. It gave a very loud signal on a 0.14gm nugget at 11cm depth at the Stuart Town Common.

I'm just waiting to get a significant test done comparing the timings as it's a bit wet up here at the moment. I have a new 14x7 NF still to do as well (arrived today).

Best of luck! Let us know how you go.
Kindest regards,
Shauno.

Has anyone used the 8x6 Sadie coil with good results on the M/L 5000,also has it reasonable depth, e.g. 15cms? Comparing the M/L Commander 8inch,along with the Sadie,which one do you prefer?? Do you use the same settings as say the M/L 15X12 Mono Commander,the same on the smaller coils,or different settings?? I am going to buy one of these two,but tossing up which one to purchase-----wanting some depth and sensitivity on small gold. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks Adelaide Retiree.

The fella I head out bush with has used a sadie for 12 months on his 5000 and swears by it and has found plenty...I can't comment on comparisons or depth but I have just bought one to use on my 4500 so hopefully it will work as good for me...

Cheers...Sparra

I own the 8 inch and a mate owns both. To be frank i think the sadie will find smaller gold and since there is more of it, may produce more finds. I borrowed one from Detecta Den and was amazed how load shotties were with the sadie. ANother forum member I know Detectist found 5 pieces in a couple of hours withe the sadie. If I was to choose now, I would go the sadie. Willo

Hey mate- my Sadie hardly ever comes off my 5000- absolute dynamite on the small stuff. As for depth on the bigger stuff ive pinged a couple bits around the 5 gram mark at about 8 inches or so. Also recently dug a hole in the side of a spoil pile that ended up being mid thigh depth, 25-30 inches at a guess, which ended up being rubbish :mad:

What settings would you advise me using the M/L5000 with the 8X6 Sadie Mono in average mineralised ground.Any help would be appreciated,thanks.

I don't own a ML 5000 so can't comment on settings, but I took my Sadie 5x8 out for a spin (attached to TDI Pro) at the end of last week and was very impressed with it's performance, the size of the targets this coil was picking up were tiny and at decent depth too. I was finding very small fragments of wire and old nails at around 4-5" and this was in highly mineralised ground.

It may take some searching to get a NF 8 x 6. I have had one on order for a while to tial - Miners Den, Goldsearch are out and Coiltek at Maryborough Vic may have them 'tomorrow' - 14/8/2014.

http://www.centralwestprospectingsupplies.com.au/product/8-x-6-sadie-nugget-finder-advantage-coil/

Pretty sure Central West Prospecting Supplies had one or maybe two hanging up in there last week if your having trouble getting one. Don't quote me though cause I was looking at bigger coils at the time not for the Sadie. Give em a ring to confirm?

Just looking at & thinking about the gold found with these NF's I reckon for small gold sensitivity the 14"x9", 14"x7", 12"x7" & 8"x6" sadie all seem to find some very small gold - my opinion is they're fairly close in small gold sensitivity but the larger variants may give better depth. The smaller variants obviously allow for better maneuverability.
Heres a bit I got, which I have posted previously, with GPX5000 & 14"x7" NF using fine gold timing.
1407909446_14066219008200.jpg

Theres a good 14"x9" NF in the for sale section. I can vouch for it too - held the gold found with it in my hand.

Settings wise I would either stick to what is working with other coils & adjust as required or start at Factory Presets & adjust to suit conditions.

That's awesome mbasko, I'll probably look at getting a NF 14x9 as my next coil a little down the track for when I need to cover more ground.

They all seem to be getting good reports/results. Heard some good reports on the 16" round for a bigger coil too. I test ran a 17" x 11" down in Victoria & while I didn't get any gold with it I was quite impressed with its stability & sensitivity. Was still picking up shotgun pellets with it so I don't think you'd miss much, large or small, with it either.

yes mate - the 16 rounds are great for clear country patch hunting - Have to admit - NFs are expensive but good.

Hi Folks,
I would like to second Mbasko's comments re: the Nugget Finder Advantage 17x11mono coil.Having used this coil for the past four years it continues to impress with the micro sized targets that it sounds off on. When you have to put your specs on to see a target in what appears to be an empty scoop that is sending the ML5000 off it's head, you have to be impressed.
A month or two back I purchased a Nugget Finder Advantage 14x9 mono to work over some ground that the 17x11 was a tad too large; here again this coil was very impressive in terms of running quiet and sensitivity to micro sized targets, some at depths in the order of 150mm.
My 8x6 Sadie is pretty much reserved for working around crevices and shallow bedrock outcrops, best nugget to date with the Sadie was a 12.6 grammer smashed out of a ridge of bedrock in a small gully,it was down about 100mm and there was no mistaking the signal.
For more open country patch hunting the 18 inch round NF Advantage is hard to beat; here again the sensitivity of this coil to small lead shot never fails to impress.
For general poking about the 17x11 mono is my go-to coil of choice; teamed with a custom-made dual speaker audio booster with individual volume controls, a must for windy days and lop-sided hearing. Special; fine gold, gain, stabiliser and audio maxed to conditions on the area being worked and any EMI present on the day.
The above coil choices have served me well since purchasing the ML5000 and cover virtually all of the country that I detect over and is offered here as a guide for anyone thinking about investing in a similar coil selection.
Cheers,SinHof.

I've heard a few conflicting opinions as to whether or not the Sadie Advantage coil is simply water resistant OR fully waterproof. So, I'm wondering if anyone can provide a definite answer to this question as I don't want to run the risk of damaging it.

Cheers,
Nugget

Latest posts