Nugget Finder 15 inch NF EVO coil

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Digs the 9 gram bit and the 6 grammer were between 12 and 16 inches deep the small ones were 4 to 5 inches deep.

I feel the 15 spoked Evo just about covers all bases I have got several deep targets at 15 ,16, inches a 6.9 gram at 14 inches, the other day 2 pieces both 0.1 gram at 2 to 3 inches I have been using this coil for about 3 months and at this stage its my go to coil regards john :)

PhaseTech said:
davent said:
Will try mine on audio quiet next trip. Do you loose depth or sensitivity when the stab is cranked to 5 or 7, and same with audio quiet, do I loose the advantages of the flat wound coil?

If you run Quiet audio and a low Stabilizer you will lose a bit of depth. Keep on Normal Audio and Stabilizer 10 and get your Rx Gain set first.

Will try it Nenad, but stab at 9 and gain at 9, audio normal, the coil 15 and the 14 x 9 are unusable. Constant chatter, with no hope of hearing fieghnt targets, screamers are no worries, I have found enough boot tacks to fix a platoons boots and enough nails to build them a barracks. But gold , is drowned out by the racket.
If I run the stab on 7 I get chatter, but not as bad, but its still there, and I picked up my mates .96 at good depth. Rx gain I can run at about 11 with the stab on 5 to 7. I have not yet tried quiet audio, just normal. I just cant get the evo, s quiet. I believe that tennant creek is even worse, so ill find out in a few weeks!

It's so hard not being there, but I just keep thinking you have the Rx gain too high.

Is the chatter always there or only when sweeping across the ground?

Dave I do not know how techo you are but would it be possible to post a video with audio running rx at 9 stab at 9 and then at 7s and where are all your switches and other settings try the 15 x12 to see if you can get the detector running smooth regards john :)

Took a new 15 inch Nugget Finder EVO out yesterday ,its nice to find gold first time out with a new coil it gives you a confidence in the coil. The ground was wet as we have had much needed rain in the golden triangle ,the coil behaved as I expected running smooth and quiet , I decided to work some old ground and after a few hours found a small piece of gold under a clump of grass it was 2 to 3 inches down :)
1467240536_p1040462.jpg
1467240563_p1040461.jpg

Nice work :), what detector were you using, 5000? After reading a few posts on the forum about the EVO coils, I seriously considering buying a 12" when I get my 4500 in the coming weeks.

Nugget I am using a new 4500 purchase last august ,I have both coils 15 and 12 evo,the 12 is a excellent coil ,the main thing with the new coils is not to run your settings to high ,You will not go wrong with a 12 evo if you need any help with setting just contact me regards john :)

John, I too have purchased the 12 inch evo and it seems to be doing the job for me. However with our wet/damp ground on the GT at the present time, I feel I could be running a little high on the 5000. 12 and 8stab. It is giving me a few falsies but I still seem to be hearing a signal if it's there.(pellets mainly but the odd small yellow) I don't want to change coils yet so what is your opinion on my rx and stab.
Thankyou.

old hand said:
Nugget I am using a new 4500 purchase last august ,I have both coils 15 and 12 evo,the 12 is a excellent coil ,the main thing with the new coils is not to run your settings to high ,You will not go wrong with a 12 evo if you need any help with setting just contact me regards john :)

That's fantastic to hear John and thanks will do.

Leroy are you running special on the front and fine gold on the led screen. What audio, target vol , tracking and motion are you running the 15 evo on the 4500 yesterday was good I just used the ground balance button when I thought there was a noise regards john :)

Thanks John, yes I'm running special and fine gold and normal for the audio, I will run the full settings by you first thing tomorrow. Maybe we can catch up some time and you can perhaps give me some helpful tips?

On top tool bar there is a magnifying glass symbol-it is next to it on the left. You should have a yellow "1" come up in that section if there is a PM waiting.
Jaros :p

Latest posts