Nugget finder 12 Inch Mono evolution

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zakman

Marcus
Reaction score
Hi guys just locked in my purchase of this very very new Nugget Finder 12 Inch evolution coil, pick it up tomorrow at 10 am and I'll grab the test coil 17 x 13 NF as well so I'm off to test both with Graham Ashton around Dunnoly so lets see.

I've had a really bad run so far this year lots of detecting at great looking spot but no luck my mat with thier GPZ 7000's have found those .02 gramer's but personally i find them a wait of energy.

I hope this these coils will bring my luck back .

I will have some reports soon .

The Zakman

12'' Nugget Finder Evolution

http://www.goldsearchaustralia.com/index.php/our-products/search-coils-1/nugget-finder-search-coils/evolution-search-coils/12-nugget-finder-evolution.html

Very interested to see how it goes as I'm looking at replacing the old 11 inch commander as she's getting a bit worse for wear, a lot more bump sensitive than it used to be.

Hi Guys Ok well this is just MY personal finding Ok.

I was honoured with the presents of PRO Graham Ashton with our testing of the new NF coils. Firstly I heard that Gold search Dunnoly had the first run of the 12 inch mono Evolutions coils so not to miss out as times is short I simply brought one with out testing with the pretence of picking the 12 inch Evolution up and borrowing the 15 x 13 NF test coil which we did last Tuesday. We went an area of mild to high mineralization near Dunnoly and buried a 0.6 grm low porous specimen Nuggets. (one that the GPZ 7000 has difficulty in detecting.

Buried it a 150 cm 6 inches in packed down ground.

Ok all the test where with two separate GPX5000's setting then same at RX 12 Stab 10 audio quiet Special fine gold. Tuning 100 Target volume 12 signal 16.
NF 10 x 5. 6 - 7 inches a clear sharp signal.
NF 12 Inch original minelab 6 1/2 inches clear signal
CX Coiltech Elite 14 inch 8 - 8 1/2 inch clear sharp signal.
New NF 12 Evolution very quiet a clear sharp signal 8 - 8 1/2 inches.
New NF 15 X 13 Evolution at 8 inch the evolution only detected a signal mid coil not from the edge (not like the other coils strange) and it wasn't a sharp clear signal as any of the other coils particular compared to the Coiltech Elite 14 inches or the Newt NF 12 Inch evolution :(

Personal Summary .
Im very glad I'm purchase the 12 Inch NF evolution it quite and is really impressive; no noise when you bump objects picks ups really small targeted and has the depth on larger ones the is an excellent coils . I'm glad to have added it to my coil arsenal.

Im happy i didn't purchase the NF 15 X 13 Evolution.

The 15 X 13 evolution for me personally and with the supervision and agreement of Graham Ashton woo for the money of $490 this coils is a disappointment. That my opinion. OK

As many of us who have resisted the push to buy the GPZ 7000 we are looking for future improvements in coils technology, at present the big boys coils produces are all bring out their new coils but its really important (if money is an issue) that we test them out for ourselves and find those coil which we personally prefer and perform as we expect.

I presently have the Detech 8 inch mono a great coil for those mulik-heaps a NF 14 x 9 elipical as a really great all rounder the a 12 Inch Minelab but I find its depth slightly less than I would like and its noisy when you bump it again objects a NF 14 inch round mono which is really quite and easy to swing but it doesn't pick up lead shot pellets (maybe a good point) I may replace this with the Coiltech 14 inch Elite but before I do that I'm going to test out the Very new ultimate Detech DD 15 inch from review so far its a very impressive coils but it is heavy at 1.3 Kg. Initial impressions is its very good on small target in Fine gold setting and can be run in Normal on large target at ridiculous depth's (interesting to see how it handles mineralization on normal) and it also runs well in Mono which would be a really benefit particularly for us over here in highly mineralised soil in Victoria.

Another really important point is "Coil Manufacture's Quality Control" this is a major issue to me as it should be for everyone. In my professional life I am involved in the airline industry so I'm very familiar with quality control and value for money as I'm an Airline Captain.

I have personally had two NF coils replaced due to poor performance compared with other people similar coils a NF 14 X 9 elliptical and 14 Inch Mono returned and replaced due to poor quality.

Therefore if you do get the opportunity to test a new coil and you decide to purchase one; after you purchase it do re-test your new coils performance agains the test coils; after all it your money!

Good Hunting.
Regards The Zak Man

Excellent, post Zac..I'm wrapped in the Coiltek elite 14... Smallestfind .005. Largest find 1.5 Gm.. Was lucky enough to borrow a demo of the new Coiltek 11 inch to take to Tibooburra next week..and see how it goes ..People will be happy with its lightness..and I think will set the standard for a med size coil..NF seem to be playing catch up at the moment..Its good for us at the moment with all this new gear being developed .I just picked up a new 2300..Which I still think is in a class of its own..I believe these new windings work best on the larger coils so I'm not expecting any new smaller coils..so the 2300 will still be the detector for sub grammers .It will be great to have a big coil with the new windings..Hang on to you Hat..
1444861966_image.jpeg

Thks Baldy I look forward to hear your thoughts on the new 11 inch coilteck. I am surprised it's not green:)

I do agree that NF may have been a bit slow on the catch up for this type of technology but that New NF :8 12 inch evolution is really nice .

Chat soon
Zak:)

Hi
I am currently using the 5000 with the 12" mono commander coil. I haven't used the DD much and am still on a learning curve when it comes to changing my settings.

I have seen a lot of talk re the elite coil being great. How would you compare it to the minelab commander?

Thanks Scotty

Hi Zak, The Coiltek is their protertype .The production coils are beautiful Camo..Scotty I think any older coil won't keep up with the new Coiltek,s..and sadly I think if you haven't got the latest and greatest you are just wearing out shoe leather..These new coils just give you the edge to find gold the other coils Didn't hear..So if you go to areas which gold has been found before you have a better than average chance to get your hands on some..as long as you have the best settings for the conditions..Cheers

Thanks for the feedback. It helps when you ask.
So if I upgrade the Commander to the elite what do you guys suggest? And what"s the damage?
( sorry for hijacking the thread )

Scotty

Scott
There is no doubt that the coilteck elite 14 inch a really good coil shop around
You Should get it for $420 or th here is one on eBay second hand fir $400.

But I would wait a little and see what the very coils are like.
Deteck have some interesting stuff and coilteck I've already mentioned that the NF 12 inch evolution is really good.

Good Hunting
The Zak man

Scott The 5000 is so easy.

I suggest you get a one days training with someone like Nenda ( PhaseTech) on these forums from SA or Graham Ashton in Dunnoly after that you will really know your machine. You might as well walk around with a walking stick looking for gold if you don't understand your machine :)

Its accurately very easy but unfortunately the info is all over the place if you try and sort through all this by yourself (save money) your looking at least one year with some expensive mistake in coils purchases CD videos and magazines. You need someone who isn't associate with any company nor any coil kick backs .. I personally haven't found a huge amount of gold but I have personally receive great satisfaction in the learning process and I can now confidently say that I've really learnt from the best.

I'm quite confident that if their is gold under my coil IT MINE .. haha

Hunt safe Scott.

The ZAKMAN

Just some of the topics which I've learnt about :- Handing mineralization, Pinpointing with a Mono small and mono large and DD coils.
Manual tune frequency range effect on detection, Swipe speed tracking settings in fixed and in tracking setting. Setting the detector up for two setting by using Deep and normal, Stabiliser setting; as we reduce the RX gain due to minimisation stabiliser doesn't alway decrease.
controlling EMI with DD coils and cancel mode, when to use a small coil and when to use a larger one, which coils will be the best, how to clean and reset the skid plate after its filled with mineralised dust, Which maps are the best how to read them how to use of Geo Vic software .
How to get permission to go on private land.

Woo this are just the start of the topics detecting is an amazing hobby profession; The more we learn the more you will enjoy the hunt :)

Regards The Zakman

Thanks Zacman for your time.
I think I will chase up Graham Ashton you wouldn't have his contact details?
I get up to Malden from time to time so he is not far away.

good Luck

Scotty

Yeah a few of the boys in the know also rate it as the best all rounder with great results and helped me dig some $50 notes out of the ground. :Y:

Latest posts