Not Cricket

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im over it :rolleyes:
They cheat ,then act like children making silly cover stories then the video proof smashes them , then they break down and cry and apologise and some of the media seem to pity them and try and draw our sympathy :mad: wtf !

Make an example of them with life time bans :Y: atleast that shows the world we are a clean proud nation and wont harbour cheats.
We have enough A grade cricketers to make 3 teams and they are all over paid spoiled little sods playing for money instead of pride and passion.
Harden up and cut the cheats free and build a team of devoted sportsman :Y: :Y:

Rant over , but you have to admit i make sense ? Or is it just me ?

The south African team has been caught with ball tampering on more than two occasions, they must be a protected species or???

The Aussies get caught once and the whole world wants to tear them apart..........they have been.
The umpires decided that the ball had no marks on it and the ball was allowed to play on.

I think this all came about the South Africans who stirred the pot in the first place with Warner.

I think this has been a total overreaction big time.
The ICC suspended Smith and Warner for 1 match each, and Bancroft was free to play the next test match.
So obviously the ICC dont see it as a huge issue. Have a look at ball tamperers in the past....1 or 2 match suspension and thats it.
Anyone who thinks this is an isolated issue needs to wake up. Its been happening forever.
Ive played first grade premier cricket in Melbourne as an opening bowler and some of the things Ive seen and even done myself are totally against the rules. But at the time everyone was doing it and it was kind of accepted. Im not proud of it but it was just the done thing- albeit 20 years ago. Ive faced first class cricketers who were hooping the ball a fkn mile in the 40th over on flat wickets with lush outfields....makes you wonder doesnt it?......
Some of the things Ive heard state cricketers say is alarming...
These 3 blokes were just stupid to think you could get away with it so blatantly in a test match with 30 cameras looking at you.
Its like soccer players diving, old school golfers drilling holes in their drivers head and filling it with lead, AFL players losing their legs when tackled to get high free kicks...
Im not condoning anything....but the reality is its been going on forever.
Everyone just take a deep breath!

The Ball tampering of the past does not matter, because they would of all known about it and what happened but they choose to ignore that instead of seeing it as a warning they thought they knew better which is why the ICC has jumped on them this time.

Well you can't deny that Tim Paine didn't started off brilliantly. He's trying to resurrect the 'gentleman's sport' into cricket by shaking hands with the SA at the start of the match. Let's hope that attitude follows through in the game, and that's all it is ... a game! Stop the sledging and just enjoy competing fairly.

Well that went well..........??, not.

Didn't answer the questions,

Anyone else involved? I am sorry

Have you done it before? I am sorry

Was it your sandpaper? Time to leave

Do you feel CA is using you as a escape goat?

Warner has anger.

Did not cut it for me

David

Ridge Runner said:
The Ball tampering of the past does not matter, because they would of all known about it and what happened but they choose to ignore that instead of seeing it as a warning they thought they knew better which is why the ICC has jumped on them this time.

No the ICC still only has the 1 match ban in place....Its C.A. who is intent on crucifying them, rightly or wrongly, to appease the baying masses whipped up by the dishonest media, or as revenge for C.A. own monetary loss from this stupid, but in the grand scheme of things, minor transgression!

I missed the Warner interview unfortunately so cant comment.

As for smith and Bancroft.. theres punishment (rightfully so) and then theres sticking the knife in and twisting and continuous kicking a person after theyre on the ground which this is bordering on.

Thanks Dave, just watched it.

Starting to wonder if just statements from the three would have sufficed. Did we really need to stick a bazillion cameras in their faces so to watch them break down in tears in front of a world wide audience.
Innocent family members are being tortured now as well.

Typical media. blood, tears and bad new makes ratings I suppose.
But then its human nature too, we only watch the boxing to see someone get punched in the face or knocked out.

cairnspom said:
Ridge Runner said:

No the ICC still only has the 1 match ban in place....Its C.A. who is intent on crucifying them, rightly or wrongly, to appease the baying masses whipped up by the dishonest media, or as revenge for C.A. own monetary loss from this stupid, but in the grand scheme of things, minor transgression!

I have no faith in the integrity of the media, I have dealt with them enough to know that they won't let the truth get in the way of a good story but in this case they have just covered the events.

They have had no need to embellish the event because there is clear video evidence and an admission of guilt from the people involved. How individual members of the public view the infraction depends on the individuals moral standards. To some people cheating is fine if you can get away with it while others have higher moral standards and feel there is no place in sport for cheats, I am of the latter group.

I find it sad that some people find cheating in sport a minor issue because others have done it before, I have played sport for most of my life and have never been in a team where any form of cheating would have been accepted.

cairnspom said:

The Media are not to blame, these 3 clowns went on national TV and gave an interview long before they got home and long before the cricketing board even had a chance to speak to them, This mess would have been less high profile if they had kept their mouths shut until they got home and let the Cricketing board deal with any media or press releases,

Everyday they give another interview and it stirs the pot again, They messed up So what, It's not the end of life as we know it, It will go away if they stop giving interviews. Now they need to shut up and start to make things right.

"The Media are not to blame"

You think they gave that interview on their own choice? I am quite sure C.A.'s "media advisers" organised the interview to appease the 'baying masses" of reporters, and probably scripted what they were to say! I am quite sure they would like to dissapear into obscurity, as inevitably they will, and that will be their 'major' punishment! (and I am not saying it isn't deserved). It is questionable if they will ever play international cricket ever again, or even first grade! I do find the "mass righteousness" somewhat hypocritical... yes what they did was wrong, and dumb, but all the people crying for their heads are the same people who would think nothing of doing 70 in a 60 limit, accidentally getting away without paying for something at a supermarket, selling a 'dodgy' car for full price, et all! 'Let he who is without sin......

cairnspom said:

You think they gave that interview on their own choice? I am quite sure C.A.'s "media advisers" organised the interview to appease the 'baying masses" of reporters, and probably scripted what they were to say! I am quite sure they would like to dissapear into obscurity, as inevitably they will, and that will be their 'major' punishment! (and I am not saying it isn't deserved). It is questionable if they will ever play international cricket ever again, or even first grade! I do find the "mass righteousness" somewhat hypocritical... yes what they did was wrong, and dumb, but all the people crying for their heads are the same people who would think nothing of doing 70 in a 60 limit, accidentally getting away without paying for something at a supermarket, selling a 'dodgy' car for full price, et all! 'Let he who is without sin......

Well then that's the CA's fault if they told them to do the interviews, but they should of kept quiet until they got home regardless of the media speculation, because they will write what ever suits them anyway, It all has just got out of hand now, If they loose their jobs so be it but I do think it is a bit excessive, They messed up, So what, It's hardly a hanging offence. It's a game not a National Security breech. we have all made mistakes none of us are perfect so these boys deserve the same breaks we get. :Y:

cairnspom said:

There was a study a few years back and it was found that about 70% of the population (a US study) are opportunistic thieves, that is they would steel something if there was zero chance they could be caught. These same people would be happy getting away with not paying for something from a supermarket and are probably the same people that see nothing wrong with cheating. I am happy to be part of the other 30%.

Welcome to Australia 2018 ......
Who cares about people doing the wrong thing?
We just shrug it off and hope it goes away, like RR is saying.
Hey, everyone is doing something wrong.
Do whatever you can get away with!
If you get caught, blame someone else.
Someone made me do it.
Someone told me to do it.
I was doing it for someone else.
It was a moment of weakness.
I was under the influence of drugs.
I was too pissed to know what I was doing.
Well hell, no one cares anyway.

AND what ever happened to being a man and owning up to your mistakes and telling the truth?
Reading a statement prepared by a PR agent and not answering questions?
Sprouting innuendos that leave more questions unanswered?
That is not owning up to your mistakes or telling the truth.

NOTE: The start of the 4th test both teams shook hands before the match.
Well bugger me, already something good has come out of this mess.
Who knows what other good things might happen if the pressure stays on longer.

Still no excuse for the Cape Town 3

This is what sent Warner off in the stair well and Candice was copping it from the crowd :N:

Not Cricket
1522631807_images_8.jpg

1522631841_images_7.jpg

Adventure.b4 dementia said:
Still no excuse for the Cape Town 3

This is what sent Warner off in the stair well and Candice was copping it from the crowd :N:

Not Cricket
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/11697/1522631807_images_8.jpg

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/11697/1522631841_images_7.jpg

The whole bloody lot is disgraceful but at least the 4th test started with dignity and sportsmanship with the shaking of hands :Y:.