Nokta depth test - Impressive

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
rockerfella said:
Don't know much about Nokta detectors but came across this video on YouTube. If it's for real it is mighty impressive for detecting in depth. Ground condition is not stated. Worth a look, just a short video.
Cheers
Mark
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TJAe09kMNnc

He is using the 15x12 coil, I just tried my 15" on my MXT and it comes close in All Metal to his Air test, so that is an Impressive machine, and his soil is just low mineralized soil he is doing pretty good even in that Dirt, Nokta are really going to knock the big boys off the top step if they don't wake to them selves.

So are Nokta using "innovative" design...or just playing catch-up with reverse engineering?

I know zilch about them and due to i/net issues don't watch linked videos.... :8

Gypsy

GypsyGoldAu said:
So are Nokta using "innovative" design...or just playing catch-up with reverse engineering?

I know zilch about them and due to i/net issues don't watch linked videos.... :8

Gypsy

G'day Gypsy,, I think they are doing what the others can't, That machine is an older Nokta I think ?? the newer Nokta Fors Core is the one to get for prospecting because it has 3 types of Ground Balancing as in Tracking,, Manual and Grab Like the GMT has and it has got me stuffed why Whites never fitted it to the new MXT All Pro, but the power of this Nokta with that coil is giving one heck of a signal when you think that bangle is 28 and a half inches deep.

John

JeffP said:
Who gives a sh!t ? At least they are giving us a product that is better and for even less ;)

Ummm,...I do which is why i posed the question...., and i'm sure Minelab would mind as well if their IP is being stolen...as I'm sure YOU would as well were it your property being stolen. I'd also be interested to understand their "technology" if it were to be "innovative"...as "understanding" is the key to utilization to it's utmost performance...

I have no bone in the argument either way, i use an 8 yr old detector and find Gold, and only read this as a curiosity.

Does it display "better" side by side with equivalent detectors from other makers?(as noted i didn't watch the video) I'm not in the position or mind to be buying a new detector just yet...so will see how well they are received around here (my general GT area) and how they perform before jumping in and forming an opinion.

Gypsy

GypsyGoldAu said:

Gypsy

No mate they are running their own race but most of all they are listening to their Customers, Which the big 4 Don't.

john

The Golden Sense will not function in our soils the way you see it in the video. Its not made to handle high mineralization.

rockerfella said:
I thought as much, still it was getting some depth. I use a Whites so was not pushing an agenda. Just thought it was interesting.
Cheers
Mark

I mild dirt the depth that machines like these and the MXT's and the Deus etc can almost equal or better what they air test at.

Latest posts