NF 15 Evo Noisy On GPX4500.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
VicGoldHunter said:
It could very well be in running rx and stab way to high. Looking back Ive had rx gain around 8-9 and Stab usually well above 10. Ill try to dial it right back and let you guys know how it goes. Was losing my mind a couple days ago thought I was in the hottest ground Id come across, signals left right and center. Turns out I was running normal....

I have two 4500's. Both run beautifully on the 11" Commander and quite well with the 14" Coiltek Elite. These two coils have found many hundreds of grams of gold. The 19" NF Evo runs ok too and is a pleasant coil to use but it hasn't worked out yet what it should be looking for.

I have an 11" Detech Ultra that's so noisy in all conditions that I was going to return it to Nenad but he said to send it Stinky Pete which I did. After testing he said "There's not much wrong with that coil". How much is NOT MUCH? Anyway it's in the pile of useless junk that never see the light of day.

I was still looking for a lightweight coil for Mrs M so I bought a NF 8"x12" Evo. It's a very difficult coil to use. It squawks everytime the angle to the shaft changes because any movement of the cable sets it off. Then there's the pinpointing problem, like the Detech it's almost dead on the edges. You can almost push a nugget across the ground without detection. The target must be under the coil for it to see it and to pinpoint it ends up directly under the centreline of the coil. It's like having a five inch coil in a ten inch frame. It does get used from time to time and has found gold but I'd swap it for a Coiltek any day.

With either the Commander or the Coiltek Elite I can detect a target anywhere near the perimeter of the coil and pinointing a target is a breeze. Swing NS/EW on the edge of the coil and you get an exact location. Very often I pick the target out of the loose dirt in the first scoop.

Latest posts